Part Five

After Sam left, Dean and Vivian had the place to themselves. So obviously, the first thing that Dean did was take a shower. He let the hot, steamy water wash over him. Last night flickered on the backs of his closed eye lids in flashes. Vivian running her hands across his chest, the way she curled up against his stomach, the way she smelled like coconut and scotch and gun powder, her screams and tears, Dean shaking Vivian while hovering above her in attempt to wake her, falling alseep again with Vivian in his arms, and everything that had happened in between. Dean thought back to the months before they had began dating. It was hell, seeing her waltz around the bunker without a clue of the effect she had on him. Most days, she wouldn't bother doing her hair or make up or even bothering to get dressed but Dean thought that she looked drop dead gorgeous no matter what. During the time they were in the bunker, Vivian was either hidden away in her room or in the kitchen rumaging around for food.

Dean remembered one day in particular, the day after he realized how much Vivian already meant to him. She hadn't showered yet and walked into the kitchen half alseep in black fleece pyjama bottoms and a plain black loose fitting t-shirt. He was sitting at the table, stuffing last night's extra burger into his mouth. Vivian had paid no attention to him, she simply plucked an orange juice carton out of the fridge and took a swig from it. Then, she walked over to Dean. Stealing the burger from his hands, she took a huge bite and then proceeded back to her room with his burger.

The memory made him chuckle. And with that happy memory in his mind, Dean turned off the water and dried himself off. Towel wrapped around his waist, he briskly walked down the cold hallway into his room to retrieve some clothes. Upon entering his room, he saw Vivian still in his shirt and sweatpants. She was lying on his bed, reading Great Expectations by Charles Dickens.

"Why aren't you in your own room, Viv?" Dean questioned as he opened a drawer for jeans.

Vivian shrugged and replied, "I like your bed better. It's comfy."

Dean grinned lopesidely at her comment. "Well, I'm going to change. So you might want to leave, sweetheart."

Vivian looked up from her book at him. "Dean Winchester," she began in her famous don't-mess-with-me voice, "are you threatening me to drop your shorts if I don't leave?"

"One, it's a towel not shorts. And two, I merely suggested you leave. You don't have to." Dean smirked at her.

"Alright, alright, fine. I'm leaving. I need to have a shower anyways." Vivian shoved a bookmark into Great Expectations before placing it on Dean's bedside table. She stood up and stretched, yawning like a cat.

"Anytime now sweetheart," Dean commented jokingly.

Vivian looked over at him, walking over slowly. Wrapping a hand around the back of his neck, she pulled Dean down into a kiss. Dean melted against her touch quickly but Vivian broke away almost immediately. Mystery glinted in her eyes. Vivian slide her open palm down Dean's chest, stopping on his hip bone which peaked out just above his towel.

"I'm going to go have a shower and then we should go out," Vivian whispered into Dean's anti-possession tattoo. Dean kissed the top of her head before replying in agreement. Vivian smiled against his chest before leaving him to go have a shower.

After Vivian stepped out of the shower, she put on the fresh underwear and sports bra she brought with her. After blowdrying her hair, Vivian sketched on thin lines of eyeliner. She then wrapped her towel around her torso and walked to her bedroom. As Vivian walked down the hall, her mind began to drift. When she had reached her room, Vivian was deep in conversation with herself. Contimplating what exactly she was going to make for dinner that night. She wanted it to be special, but not particularily fancy or expensive. Those things didn't matter to her, it only mattered that her and Dean were happy and Sammy was safe.