Part Four

The Winchesters and their companion began to drive back to the bunker that night. Mostly in silence, until Dean decided to put on the radio. Highway to Hell by AC/DC came pouring out through the speakers, the guitar blanketing Vivian in a sense of pure bliss. She sang the chorus along with her boyfriend happily, but the music was suddenly cut off.

"Hey!" Dean and Vivian complained.

Sam looked at his fiddling hands in his lap sheepishly. "Sorry... I just want to talk to you guys about something. Nothing bad really, but I want to clear some things up." Vivian nodded in encouragement.

Dean glanced over at his little brother in concern. "Something wrong, Sammy?"

"No," Sam replied. After clearing his throat for a moment he said, "Listen you guys. I heard you talking after that whole thing in the warehouse. I'm not jealous. I realized that Vivian liked Dean and I backed off. I love you as a friend or a sister, Viv. I don't want to lose that relationship. I'm not going to be around when you guys are fighting or whatever. I'll be in my room or go out for a walk or something. The reason that I keep leaving when you guys are going to kiss or whatever is to 1) give you privacy, which is what you obviously deserve, and 2) because I just don't like to be around that sort of thing. It's too hard for me after Jess and Amelia..." He looked at the road ahead of them being lit up by the bright headlights.

Vivian smiled. "Thanks, Sam. I get it. I'm really sorry if our fighting bothers you. At least it keeps you guys from fighting. I hate it when you two fight because you're brothers. You two are pretty much stuck with each other until the end, but I'm just tagging along. I could leave tonight after we get back to the bunker and you'll forget about me within a month." She shrugged.

Dean huffed in annoyance and responded quickly. "Viv, you're apart of the team now. You're not going anywhere. If you left, neither of us would ever forget you. I promise. Right, Sammy?" He prodded Sam's shoulder.

"Yeah, of course! I don't want you to leave. Vivian, you're my best friend. And now you're dating Dean. You can't just walk away from us. At least not without a fight. You got it?" The man turned around to give the girl a brilliant smile. She returned his gesture.

After Sam had turned around properly in his seat, he cranked the music up again. Highway to Hell had ended and Black Sabbath, a favourite band of Vivian's, began to play. She belted out all the lyrics, confident in her knowledge of the song backward and forwards. Dean joined in after a moment. All too soon, the song ended to be replaced with more old rock music. Then, they reached the bunker. Home, sweet, home.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Vivian walked into what had become her room in the bunker. It wasn't much more than she was used to back at her old cabin, but she loved it no less. A single bed was pushed up against the wall. Opposite her bed was the wall with a window and pressed up against that was her desk. It held her own laptop that never left her room, countless half-filled notebooks for when she had trouble falling alseep, pens and pencils littered the surface, and the drawers contained her books. Whenever they were in a new city for a case, she went into the local used book store and picked out the dusty old classics. The ones that smelled of ink and yellowing paper, some with the lingering dampness from being left in the rain. She also had a closet, which was just filled with her clothes. Underneath her bed was her prize though. A drawer the same size as the base of the bed came out to reveal all her guns and empty rounds she filled with rock salt. Vivian loved her guns. The cool metal fit of them fit into the shape of her hand perfectly and soothed her.

After shoving away her duffle bag of clothes into the bottom of her closet and carefully fitting each gun she had brought with her into its correct spot, she flopped onto her unmade bed. Rolling over, Vivian tugged off her shoes and army jacket. She stared up at the ceiling and began to go over the recent events. Kissing Dean, sleeping with Dean, showing Dean her scars, and saving the boys from the demons. It was all a lot to process. A knock on her door jolted her out of her thoughts. Vivian sat up and saw her boyfriend leaning against the frame of her door, a sly smirk on his face.