•Chapter 2•

For the rest of the year, Darcie and I were the best of friends. Nothing separated us. We had multiple sleepovers and play dates. We were just like sisters. Later on, I will realize that something's aren't always as they seem. But anyway, the year went along great. Some of the kids stayed but we will talk about them later. Kindergarten was a important year of my life because that's when I met Cady (pronounced like Katie) and Abbey. Cafu will become a great friend later but at the moment, we didn't talk much. She was a tomboy. She hung out around the boys and the only girl that she was good friends with was Maggie. Abbey, however, was sort of a friend. Darcie and me were still best friends and we didn't want to be friends with anyone else. This didn't stop till 2nd or 3rd grade. We were nice to her but we didn't really take her in for another few years. A girl named Lacey came into the picture. She wasn't exactly the nicest person ever. She was pretty much only friends with me because I was friends with Darcie. The last person I would like to mention from kindergarten is Aubrey. I care a lot about her because she never was mad at me. In kindergarten, I had the best teacher. She understood how the child's mind worked and that's why it was so easy to learn in there.

Moving on the first grade. This is where Darcie and I would fight. Not physical fighting, but we would get mad at each other over the stupidest things. I would hang out with someone else and she wouldn't talk to me. She would take my crayon and I would break her pencil. The fights wouldn't last a day but when we were fighting, everyone would go to her and I would sit alone. Darcie, still caring about me, would say one person had to go over to me. A girl named Lesley would be the person to come over to me. She didn't stay at the school very long but she was very nice. Darcie and I would always make up. We never got too mad at each other.