•Chapter 1•

I walked into my first day of school not knowing what was ahead of me. I was three, a year younger than everyone I had one friend already and her name is Lina. Her family have been a family friend since forever. My older brother, Dan, is friends with her older brother, Carmon. I had a huge crush on him for two years but, we'll get to that later. I walked in and ran straight to Lina. She didn't get nervous. She did everything with a smile. But I can't say much because I did the same thing. At least I did when I was young. I can't remember the conversations that were held that day. As a matter of fact, I can't remember the conversations held that year. I remember a girl named Emma joining. She was so sweet. Right now, people say that she's mean but I haven't talked to her so I'm not going to judge her. I remember a girl with the name Lina join. I remember how excited the old Lina was about the new Lina joining. The new Lina left the next year so I don't remember anything about her. Not many important people in my life were there when I first joined. Let's move on to the next year. I had to do pre-k over again because I was too young to move up. I remember the open house before school started. My mom was talking to a woman with her child and I was staring at the girl whose name I found out to be Darcie. I remember exactly what happened with her because she stays with me for awhile. She had her hands on the table and leaned on it. She was kicking her right leg behind her. Her hair was bright blonde and her glasses rested on her nose. She looked like a angel that dropped down from heaven. That might sound weird but she was flawless. I was jealous for the rest of my life. Her mom told her to say hi. She hesitated but turned her head for a second, said hi then turned back and continued to kick her leg behind her. I smiled to myself as the feeling of happiness took over my body. I knew she was going to be a big part of my life. Over the weekend before school started, I started to think about her. It may sound like I had a crush on her or something, but I swear I didn't. I just cared about her a lot. The first day of school came. I'm not sure what happened that day, but what I do know is that it was the first day of a long friendship.