Chapter Three

The next morning, I ignored Frankie's calls.
     I just couldn't do it to Becky anymore. I promised myself I was going to try as hard as I could to avoid Frankie until he got the message that we couldn't be together. It was going to be hard, but it had to done.
I headed to work and forced myself to be busy.
     I was checking a memo that my boss had left me when I heard a familiar voice behind me, "Avoiding me?"
I spun around in my chair to come eye level to Frankie's toned stomach. I noticed he was wearing skin-tight running clothes and my eyes couldn't help but travel to his crotch, spotting the huge bulge.
     I swallowed and my whole mouth went dry. My eyes travelled back up to his beautiful, sweaty face and I stood up immediately to avoid looking at his groin again. Half of me wanted to throw my arms around his glistening neck but I stopped myself. Even when he was sweaty from running, he looked breath-taking.
     "What the hell are you doing here?" I asked incredulously.
Jo looked up from her desk with interest at us both then snapped her head back down when I glanced at her.
     "Are you avoiding me?" He asked again, ignoring my question.
     "Jo, I'm just going for an early lunch." I muttered to her, picking my bag up and attempting to shove Frankie out of my office.
Luckily, he headed outside with me and we were stood in the street glaring at each other.
     "To answer your question, yes, I'm fucking avoiding you so leave." I snapped at him.
     "What have I said about you talking to me like that?" Frankie's eyes burned into mine. "Why?"
     "Why?! Because you are in a relationship with my best friend and we've had sex! Why are you turning up at my office?"
     "Because I miss you, stubborn woman."
     "Well, don't! Go back to your girlfriend." I spat at him, turning on my heel.
Before I could get back into the building, he grabbed my wrist, spinning me back around. His lips were on mine before I even had a chance to register what was going on.
     I wasn't going to cave. I pushed with all my strength against his rock-hard chest and pulled myself away.
     "NO!"
     "I don't know why you are fighting me on this."
     "Go away, please, Frankie."
     "Fine but like I said, this isn't over."
He ran his finger down my cheek, leaving me tingling before turning and walking anyway.
     I shook my head incredulously and headed to the nearest café for my early lunch. I needed a break and some sugar to process this. I headed back into the office forty minutes later and sat down at my desk, still shaking at my head.
     "Hey, Lauren, do you want to come out for a few drinks with us after work?" Jo asked me.
     "That would be great, yeah, thanks."
After work, as I was at home getting ready to go out, I received a few messages from Frankie. I deleted them all and continued to straighten my hair. I put on a very tight, short dress and killer heels.
A night out is exactly what I needed, and I planned on getting very drunk!
     I was almost ready when my phone pinged with yet another message, I decided to check it this time and it was from Frankie.
'Please talk to me, Laur, I'm sorry about turning up at your work. F x'
'I'm going out with work friends so stop texting me.'
I shoved my phone, purse and keys into my clutch bag and left the flat.
     "Thanks for inviting me out guys." I said to my colleagues as we got to the bar.
     "You've seemed a little stressed recently, Laur, is everything ok?" Jo asked me.
     "Fine... just a few things in my personal life."
     "Has it got anything to do with that gorgeous guy showing up in our office this morning?" she asked meekly.
     "Yes, but I'd rather not talk about it if that's ok, Jo. Sorry, I don't mean to seem rude."
     "No, not at all. Let's just have a good time, eh?"
I smiled and downed a shot; it felt so good that I ordered three more. It was helping me a little to forget about Frankie and his amazing body, his lips, his words, his everything. I shook my head and knocked back another shot.
     "Whoa, you are going for it tonight, aren't you?" a guy called Chris, who worked in a different department, laughed.
     "You only live once! Woo, let's dance!" I shouted and dragged Jo to the dancefloor of the club.
I took my fourth shot and I was definitely starting to get tipsy. I started to twirl around on the dancefloor and laughing.
Frankie who?
Chris bought me another two shots and I knocked them back too, stumbling a little. I was officially drunk. I climbed onto a bar table, wobbling in my heels, and started to dance and cheer.
     "Lauren! Get down, you're going to fall." Jo laughed.
     "I... won't. I'm fun." I slurred.
I felt two strong arms grab around my thighs and I tried to push them off, nearly falling headfirst off the table.
     "Come on, let's get you down." I heard Chris say.
I felt his hand squeeze my bum cheek as he lifted me down.
I frowned at his unwanted touch, "What are you doing?" I asked him, the room spinning slightly.
     "Getting you down before you fall and break your neck." He laughed.
He put me down on the floor and put his hand on the small of my back to steady me on my feet. I pushed his hand away.
     "I'm f... fine. I'm fine."
     "You don't seem fine. Do you want some water?"
     "No. I wa... want more alcohol."
     "I think you need some air, come on." Chris grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the bar before I could protest.
I looked back at the rest of my work colleagues, but they were too busy dancing to notice. We got outside and Chris pulled me to one side.
     "I'm fine, Chris, honestly." I told him, as the cool night air hit my face and made me feel dizzy and sick.
I stumbled a little and Chris held me in his arms, "You're a mess, Lauren." He laughed; his face close to mine.
     "You're making me feel really uncomfortable now." I muttered to him, trying to get out of his grasp to go back inside.
     "You're just so beautiful, Laur."
His breath stunk of whiskey and shots as he inched closer, preparing to kiss me. It was making my stomach churn. I thought I was going to throw up all over him.
     "No!" I pushed him away.
     "Hey! The lady said no!" A voice called out angrily and all the sudden, Chris fell to the ground, clutching his nose.
I looked up quickly to see Frankie standing there with a furious look on his face.
Chris managed to stand up and look at Frankie angrily, "Alright, mate, chill." He said, holding his hands in the air.
     "Fucking touch her again and you will have bigger problems. MATE." Frankie threatened before Chris walked back into the bar.
     "What the hell! Wha... what are you doing here?" I asked Frankie bewildered.
He put his arm underneath mine to hold me up, "You keep ignoring me, so I came out looking for you."
     "Stalker. Get off me, I'm fine! You didn't need to do that to Chris." I insisted, pushing his arm away.
     "Yes, I clearly did. Come on, I'm taking you home."
     "NO! Go away, Frankie Shaw! You're the cause of all my problems." I slurred, walking away.
     "LAUREN SMITH, GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!" Frankie shouted.
The power and anger in his voice made me freeze on the spot. I slowly turned around to face him. His face was dark, but his eyes were blazing brightly.
     "I'm taking you home whether or not you like it so stop fucking fighting me." He snapped, putting his arms around me again.
     "Fine but you can't stay!" I mumbled into his shoulder, feeling really tired, as he flagged down a taxi.
    "Whatever you say."
My head was absolutely pounding. I struggled to open my eyes the next morning and my throat felt drier than a desert. All I could think about was water, but I couldn't lift my head up off my pillow. I groaned and shut my eyes again.
     "Here." A voice from beside me said.
I screamed, causing the noise to travel straight to my head. I winced as I turned my head and saw a topless Frankie lying in bed next to me, holding a glass of water.
     "What the hell?" I croaked.
I took the water from him and took a long gulp. That felt so good and cool against my throat.
     "What are you doing here, Frankie?"
      "You don't remember?"
Images flashed through my brain from the night before. Me; downing shots, dancing on one of the club tables, Chris getting too close to me, me pushing him away. Then all the sudden, Frankie being there. He punched Chris then bought me home.
We didn't have sex, did we? I couldn't remember anything after we had gotten home.
     "We didn't, did we?"
     "Laur, you were comatose. I bought you home, undressed you and put you to bed. I stayed here, even though you told me I wasn't allowed, because I was worried about you. I wanted to make sure you were ok."
     "Thank you but where does Becky think you stayed?"
     "At my place. I told her I had a busy day at work. Are you ok? Here, there's some painkillers here too."
     "I feel like an elephant is sitting on my head." I muttered, taking the tablets from him and drinking more water.
Frankie laughed, "I know a good hangover cure." and winked at me.
     "No." I refused, shaking my head but then immediately stopping when it hurt, "Thank you for looking after me but you need to leave."
     "Oh, come on. You have barely spoken to me for days. I've missed you."
     "I mean it. I told you it couldn't happen again, and it won't. Goodbye, Frankie. You can let yourself out." I stood up, a little lightheaded at first, and headed to my en-suite for a shower.
I was hoping Frankie would be gone by time I got out of the shower but as the hot water cascaded over me, I heard the bathroom door open. Frankie was standing at the door completely naked.
     "Get out." I ordered but he shook his head.
He opened the shower door and climbed in behind me, leaning down to kiss my shoulder and lick the water droplets. His arms wrapped around my waist and his hands were rested on my stomach.
I moaned and dropped my head back onto his shoulder, "I mean it, Frankie. We can't sleep together again."
I knew I was going to cave. His touch did everything to me.
     "We can do other things..." He whispered, one of his hands were moving further down and in-between my legs.
I groaned. I don't think I have the strength to stop him.
I didn't want to stop him.
     His fingers reached my clitoris and he started to play with me gently as the water rained down on us both. I placed my hands on the shower tiles in-front of me as my legs started to go weak. He reached even further down and inserted two fingers inside me.
     "Mmm, Frankie..." I moaned.
     "Tell me to stop."
     "I can't."
     "Good girl."
Frankie kissed my neck as his fingers explored me. I was in heaven. I could feel his erection pushing against my behind and I pushed my ass further into him. He inhaled sharply, before biting my neck softly. It sent shocks all through my system.
     "What do you do to me, Laur." He muttered into my neck.
His other hand then travelled down over my lower stomach. He had one set of fingers inside me and the other set of fingers rubbing my clitoris vigorously. I couldn't take anymore.
     "Ahhh." I cried out, nearly reaching the point of climax.
    "Hold on, baby." He told me, spreading my legs further apart.
He removed his fingers from inside me and reached around to place his magnificent cock inside me instead. The sensation of him inside me and the hot water falling over us was amazing. He was still playing with me and it was taking me over the edge. I had never felt pleasure like it before.
     "Mmm, perfect fucking pussy." Frankie groaned, pounding into me.
     "Frankie... I need to come." I groaned.
     "Come then baby. I won't be long behind you. I've really missed this." He breathed into my neck.
I managed to last another minute before my orgasm crashed onto him and he followed close behind, calling out my name.
     We detached and I turned around to face him, kissing him instantly, "I told you that couldn't happen."
     "You know I can't resist you. I don't know why I try. I will never be able to. I'm telling Becky on Monday. She's at her parent's tomorrow so I will wait until she's back on Monday."
     "What?"
     "You heard me. It needs to be over and I need to be with you."
After Frankie had gone home, the guilty feelings came crashing back.
I felt like a Yo-Yo. One minute, I was ending things with him and the other minute, we were having shower sex. I was all over the place.
     Did he really mean it when he said he was going to split up with Becky? Or was he saying it to keep me happy? My heart pounded and I felt sick with nerves. Would he tell her about me and him or leave me out of it?
     I flopped down onto my bed, still in my bath towel and ended up falling back to sleep. The fantastic shower sex had sorted out my hangover, but the whirling thoughts didn't make my head feel much better.