Darkness

*******Warning: Parts of this chapter may be inappropriate for younger readers*********

Pretty Little Liars blared through the speakers of the tv as I shoved candy corn and peanuts in my mouth, I probably resembled a chipmunk. This show always had me on edge despite the fact that my life was twice as terrifying as this. Who is "A" anyway? I mean come on, it's about time to tell us! I was a few episodes behind due to the fact that Gage likes to try and kill me specifically on PLL nights. He seriously needs to reschedule this shit. Speaking of, why hasn't he tried to kill me yet tonight? Maybe he's just having an off day.

Just as the episode was getting to the best part, the tv got quiet. As if someone had taken the remote and slowly turned the volume down... But the remote was in my lap the entire time. My eyebrows began to knit together in confusion. Was something wrong with the tv? I picked the remote up from my lap and tried to turn up the volume. It was all the way up, but I couldn't hear anything. "What the fuck?" I mumbled. As soon as those words hit my ears chills ran up my spine. It sounded as if I were underwater. The remote fell from my fingertips as my hands flew up to my ears. As soon as my fingertips touched my ears a piercing ringing sound filled my ears. I let out a loud moan as I made a useless attempt to block the sound.

Something wet began to seep from my eardrums and run down my hands. A soft cry left my dry cracked lips as I removed my hand from my ear, only to find it coated in a red crimson substance... blood. Fear gripped my very being as I bolted off of the couch. The glass bowl of candy corn and peanuts hit the cherry wood floors, shattering instantly. Glass shards, and the contents of the bowl were now scattered all over the floor. I stumbled away from the living room and to the kitchen. Right as I went to grab my phone my knees buckled and the sound got louder. "MAKE IT STOP!!!" I screamed out as I curled up into a ball, silently sobbing. As soon as those words left my mouth, the ringing stopped, and beautiful silence fell upon my throbbing ears. I reached for the counter with shaky hands, and pulled my body up. "What happened?" I cried softly as I covered my face with bloody hands.

I stumbled over to the sink, wanting the blood off of my hands and ears. Taking a deep breath I reached for the knob to turn on the water. Just as my fingertips hit the cool steel a blood curling scream left the woods right In front of the open window above the sink. My heart stopped instantly as I recognized the scream of a small child... a little girl. It wasn't the playful screams I was used to hearing from the younger ones around the neighborhood, it was a terrified scream. And a little girl wouldn't be in the woods at this time of night. Something was wrong. Acting upon instinct I grabbed a butcher knife from the knife holder beside the refrigerator. I jogged over to the front door and fumbled with the lock, unsure if I should go. What if this was a trap for some supernatural asshole to try and murder me? Just as I got the lock, I felt a presence behind me. Not wanting to turn around I opened the door and prepared to bolt. "Hurry" Something whispered in my ear the moment I took off.

I raced through the cold, dark night air and to the tree line. Another blood curling scream echoed throughout the forest. The heartbreaking sound came from straight ahead. Like a bullet from a gun I raced ahead, trees whipping past me as adrenaline took over. Memories from my nightmare flashed through my head. But this time I wasn't running from the danger, I was running towards it. As I neared the situation the sounds of a struggle got closer and closer. I stopped dead in my tracks when I finally reached the little girl. There, In front of me was a man on top of her, tearing at her princess pajamas and hitting her whenever she cried too loud. White hot anger instantly shot through my veins, slowly taking over. The man had yet to notice my presence, but the little girl had. She looked at me with pleading eyes as she sobbed quietly. Quietly I walked up behind the man, and in an instant I had the butcher knife to his throat, causing him to pause his movements. The little girl scrambled from his grip as fast as she could. "Go home, run" I commanded her. Horrified tears ran down her face like small waterfalls as she bolted away from us. "She got away!" The man snarled as he attempted to get out of my hold, only making me press the butcher knife harder to his jugular. Darkness slowly began to build at the corners of my vision. It was like I was watching a movie through my own eyes. I had no control over my body. The darkness was so welcoming, and comfortable. I didn't want to watch the blood bath in front of me, delivered by my own hands... So I gave into the darkness.

________________________________________________________________

The darkness slowly began to fade from my vision. Bit by bit it revealed a disgusting scene. Something warm, and wet was running down my cheeks, and my clothes were soaked. As the darkness completely faded away, I looked down to see a beheaded man, with stab wounds lining his torso. Horror filtered through my system as I realized I had done this. My clothes were soaked in blood, and the wet substance running down my cheeks were tears. I was crying, not for the man... He deserved every bit of what I did to him... But rather at the thought of me being capable of doing this to someone. A small sob wracked my form as I tried not to look down at the remains in front of me. I reached into my pockets looking for my phone... Only to realize that I had left it at home on the counter. The overwhelming need to throw up began to rise up through my stomach. My hand flew to my mouth as I took off, wanting to get away from the scene as fast as possible.

As I reached my house I noticed my car was back in the driveway... Gage was home. I stumbled towards the front door, a sobbing bloody mess. Opening the door quietly, I stepped into the foyer. Turning around, I shut the door and locked it before sagging to the floor, and screaming my lungs out. Gage barreled from the living room, down the foyer, and to my messy form. "Saphire..." He choked out as he pulled me into his large strong arms. A sob left my lips in response. Concern filled his deep green eyes as they slowly began to turn red. "Who's blood is this?" He asked me softly, while tucking a bloody strand of hair behind my ear. "I heard her scream. H-h-he was going to rape her. The darkness took over, I didn't mean to do it!" I managed to mumble through my sobs. Gage sighed and began to rock me back and forth in his arms. I buried my face in his chest as he mumbled soothing things to me, in an attempt to calm me down. "Saphire, baby... Where is his body?" He mumbled quietly before kissing my forehead. "In the woods." I whispered while closing my eyes, trying to get the memory of his remains out of my head. "Do you know where the girl went?" He asked me gently, trying not to set off another crying fit. "I told her to go home." I mumbled . "Wait here, I need to make a call." He spoke softly, while putting me back down on the floor. I nodded numbly and waited for him.

Gage walked back into the foyer and scooped me up in his arms. "It's all taken care of baby, don't worry about it." He reassured me as he carried me up the stairs and to the bathroom. He sat me on the bathroom sink and walked over to the tub. I watched as he started a bath for me, making sure it was the right temperature, and adding bubbles. When he was finished with his preparations he walked back over to me. "You've had quite the day haven't you?" He laughed lightly as he kissed my forehead. I nodded and buried my face in his chest. He gently began to remove the bloody clothing from my broken body, leaving my undergarments. When the bloody clothing was finally peeled off of my skin, he picked me up and carried me to the warm, forgiving bathtub. Slowly dipping me in, he bent down and kissed me softly. "Everything will be okay." He mumbled against my lips.

____________________________________________________________

A/N: Everyone please go follow Demonicwitch and check out her new book!