Unknown.

"I find the lure of the unknown irresistible."
~Sylvia Earle

Grace achieved nothing during her ten minute stay at Shawn's house, the passive boy wasn't of much help to the hot-headed, impatient girl.

"He was so passive and distant! I don't get how teachers are okay with a person like him! He infuriates me!" Grace ranted on to her friend, exasperatedly.

Riley didn't care much about her friend's problems but the person she had been blabbering on about sure did sound annoying.

"Wait- who are we talking about?" Riley stopped next to her friend as she leaned on the locker closest to her, her body facing away from Grace.

"Shawn." Grace answered in a fruity manner, making his name sound so majestic.

"Who is Shawn?" Riley arched her thin black eyebrow, having never heard of such a creature.

"Are you kidding me? Does no one know who Shawn is?"

Grace, admittedly, was starting to get a bit aggitated by this boy's invisibility to the rest of the human race.

"Who's Shawn?" Ken joined in on their conversation, asking the same question Riley had previously asked.

"My partner for the English assignment." Grace shook her head in disappointment, closing her locker and walking off to her home room.

Her friends shrugged and decided to give her her space, they could tell she needed it.

Wait! He's in my home room?

Shock wasn't even enough to decribe how she felt at that moment, when she noticed a maroon bag entering her homeroom.

She rushed into the class room, finding Shawn seated at the far end of the room.

"Shawn!" She exclaimed, waving her hands up in the air.

Shawn groaned internally, annoyed by the presence of this black beauty.

Not her again.

He had succeeded in getting her out of his house the previous day, but clearly not in getting her out of his life.

"Did you switch homerooms?" She asked curiously.

In no way was she going to admit that she had been oblivious to his presence.

"No." He answered with a dead voice, his eyes migrating out of the window.

"Are you new? To the school I mean. I'm new too so-" He tossed his red hood over his head, trying to block out the rosey presence of this new mosquito in his life.

"No."

The girl hummed softly as she thought for a moment, a little disturbed by that fact.

He wasn't new, that meant that he had always been there and she had never even noticed him.

Strange, really strange.

"Why are you so invisible?" Her face cringed in disgust, as though repulsed by his non-existent like ways; for lack of better wording.

"You can see me now, can't you?" He rolled his deep chestnut brown eyes, turning his attention back to the inanimate objects on the other side of the window.

Oh how he wished he could be a cloud, or even just a tree, maybe even a bench.

Anything that was far from the annoying brat seated next to him was good enough.

She puffed out her cheeks at his snide remark, taking her leave to sit somewhere far from that rude, self-existent bastard.

The bell blared loudly as Grace got to her seat, and so began six hours of mental torture.