Part Three

"What the hell is this?" Octavia said as she barged through the tent.

Clarke sat up quickly, both embarrassed and caught off guard.

"I didn't realize I fell asleep," she said, pushing her messy hair out of her face. "His fever spiked last night so I was watching over him."

"I didn't realize that looking after someone meant cuddling with them." She snorted.

She was partially joking but also a bit confused. She had seen a lot of weird things on Earth, but this was one of the weirdest things she had come across so far.

"It's not. It was an accident."

"You don't accidentally fall asleep with someone." Octavia retorted.

Clarke shifted her jaw at Octavia's imprudent comment. Her and Bellamy may have been different in a lot of ways, but their lack of awareness for other people's feelings connected them more than anything else.

Clarke didn't have the patience to argue with her so instead she got up and walked out.

"You can watch him for now. I have stuff to do." She said harshly.

Octavia didn't mean to offend her, although she often had a bad habit of doing that. She was just trying to wrap her head around the bizarre spectacle that she had just encountered.

She looked down at Bellamy who was still asleep. He was snoring loudly, a sign that the congestion hadn't let up. She placed the back of her hand on his forehead and sighed. His fever hadn't let up either. She wasn't exactly sure what Clarke wanted her to do for him. She was not a caretaker in the slightest. She didn't have the first clue as to what to do.

A loud sneeze erupted out of the sleeping boy next to her and caused her to nearly jump out of her skin. She looked over to see his brown eyes slowly blinking open.

"Hey O," he looked up at her and smiled." I missed you."

She gave him a bewildered look. Just yesterday he was telling her to get away from him and now he was saying that he missed her. It had to be the fever talking.

"I missed you too," She smiled, stroking his face with her fingers.

As much as she didn't want to admit it, all she wanted was for Bellamy to want her . To need her the way that she needed him. For once, she wanted to be the one who was taking care of him instead of the other way around.

"Can-," She inhaled slightly. "Can I get you anything?"

"Water." He whispered, his burning throat not letting him speak any louder.

She looked around and found a metal container in the corner of the tent that luckily still had water in it. She helped him sit up and poured it into his mouth for him. It felt like flames were shooting through his vocal chords as it went down and he coughed, making it even more painful.

"Did that help?" She asked.

"Yes," He nodded. "Thank you."

She hadn't heard him say that in a long time. It was like music to her ears.

"Of course big brother. Anything for you."

He smiled at her. For a moment, she saw their mother looking back at her. He had always shared a closer resemblance to her than she did. It was both comforting and disturbing.

She continued to stroke his face gently, her soft fingertips sailing over the rough stubble on his jawline. She wasn't sure if it was helping, but it was something. He smiled at her again.