Part Two

The next day:

Bellamy woke up to sun shining in his face. He wasn't quite sure where it was coming from, but when he rubbed his eyes, the blurry figure of a younger boy standing at the entrance of his tent came into vision.

"Hey Bellamy are you coming? Everyone is waiting."

"Yeah, just give me a damn second." He snapped.

The boy was drawn back by what he saw. He had dark bags under his eyes like he hadn't slept at all, which thanks to the continuous pounding beneath his skull , he hadn't.

"Are you good man?" He asked.

As things became clearer, he could see the boy peering at him with both worry and horror.

"I'm fine," he said. "Just give me a minute. I'll meet you guys at the gate."

As much as he had hoped that sleeping would make his head headache go away, it hadn't in the slightest. Instead, it had brought along some unwelcomed partners in crime; a blocked nose, an aching chest, and chills that he just couldn't shake. He didn't have time to get sick. Not with the attack basically at their feet.

He let out a few coughs before slowly standing up, stumbling slightly in the process. Everything was fuzzy and he had to blink repeatedly to get his eyes to even somewhat focus. He searched around his tent for his jacket longer than he should have until he realized that it was on him. Even with his jacket, he was freezing. He wished he could bring his sleeping bag with him for extra warmth, but that would only draw unwanted attention to him that he didn't need at the moment. He grabbed the handle of his backpack and slung it over his shoulder. It felt like it was filled with rocks instead of hunting equipment. He stumbled out of his tent and made his way to the gate. Some of the other campers gave him weird looks but he ignored them.

"Sorry I'm late."

"Jesus Bellamy you look terrible." Were the first words out of Clarke's mouth.

"Good morning to you too."

His voice was raspy and congestion was seeping into his words. Clarke raised her eyebrow.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

His nose said otherwise. A sudden tickle crept up on him, causing him to bury his face in the crook of his arm and let out three sneezes. He punctuated his triple with a wet sniffle and wiped his nose on his sleeve.

"Yeah clearly." She scoffed.

"Allergies." He said blankly.

His throat was on fire and the last thing he wanted to do was talk.  Without another word, he walked past her and out beyond the gate. Clarke gritted her teeth as she lead the others beyond the walls of their camp. He was so stubborn and defiant. She didn't know how he wasn't arrested sooner on the Ark. She reluctantly caught up to him while the others trailed behind her. She could that tell that he was in a bad mood so she kept her distance from him while they hiked through the woods.

"I see something over there." Clarke said.

They all looked over to see something furry running swiftly through the woods. Bellamy aimed his gun and shot at the animal. His foggy mind and watery eyes caused him to miss every time. Clarke pulled out her gun out without hesitation and got it on the first try. The others went to check on the animal and prepare it to be brought to camp while Bellamy stood back. His eyes glossed over and his breath started to hitch as the need to sneeze took over his body again.

"Nice shot." Clarke joked.

Bellamy braced himself against a tree as his body doubled over from a fit of powerful sneezes. A sharp pain shot through his head and for a moment, the world around him began to spin. He closed his eyes and continued to hold onto the tree in fear that he might fall over. After a few second, he finally got his bearings and looked back up, only to find Clarke's eyes burning into him.