Chapter 17

Nicole's POV

It was such a crazy weekend. Good thing everything went back to normal or that was what Emilia wanted me to think but no. Nothing was back to normal. She had been aloof and guarded. The whole sunday, she spent her day at the bedroom while Maddy and I occupied ourselves with playstation.

Natalie took the baby with her. Her friends was very excited about the news that they cut their vacation. They have already contacted their lawyers to legally adopt the child.

"Em..." I held her hands before she could go out of the truck. "I'm here for you. I'll always he here if you're ready." I gave her a smile and she smiled back.

"Thank you. I just needed some time." She responded as I unlocked the door. "I might take an extra time later, aside from council duty, we need to finalized everything for the thanksgiving ball next week."

"It's okay... I think our practice will also take longer since the semi final's this week." She just nodded. "Hey... If we made it to the finals, we would be making history! And if we win, it will be epic!" I tried to be as cheerful as possible but it aint working. She just nodded and gave me a weak smile. I sighed, I can't do anything about it anymore but wait for her.

Emilia's POV

One of the perks of being the council president and a model student was that I could excuse myself for class. I spent all day at the student council room where I buried myself into tears as the pain of my past haunted me.

Why did he have to return to my life? What have I done to deserve all these miseries.

On the second thought, there was some good that happened.

Nicole happened.

She have been my pillar for the past couple of months and she didn't ask anything in return.

She did say that she liked me but unlike John, she was not using my unfortunate circumstance to force me into a relationship who believed that getting into relationship with him will solve my problem.

A knock on the door brought me back to reality. I stood up to unlock the door since I do not what to be disturb but I guess it was time for the meeting. I didn't even realized that classes were over.

"Emilia..." John was the first one to enter. "I didn't see you the whole day. Is there any problem?"

I just shook my head no and hoped that he'll drop the topic but I'm wrong. "Emilia, you don't have to carry it all by yourself. I'm here to help."

"Just drop if John. I'm just not feeling well." I can't even recognize my own voice as I talked to him.

"Emilia..."

"Just drop it!" I yelled as I slammed my hand in the table. It was the same time that the rest of the council members began to enter the room.

"Is it a wrong time?" Megan the treasurer asked.

"No it's not. Please take your seat so we can start the meeting." I ordered. They all took their place and we began the meeting. "Have we changed the caterer for the ball? We don't want to use the same one we hired on Halloween. The food's awful and the presentation's worst. Their service was also bad."

"Yes, Emilia." Connie replied. She was our project coordinator. Her task was to coordinate with the food, decor and everything else. "The hotel where the party's going to be held will be catering the food."

"Was it on the budget?" I then turned on Megan.

"Yes."

"Good."