Chapter 13

A/N: I know i've been pounding out two or three chapters a day, and I haven't posted yet today, but I've needed to do basic human things today, like shower. The commitment to my writing is an extreme and, honestly, I could probably finish this book within the next week, at the pace I'm writing (Enter Hamilton Joke Here). Fair warning, I may not post on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, because my family is flying in, and we're going to explore Philly, New York, and Jersey, before all of us fly back to Texas. I apoligize in advance. I do expect to finish this book sometime in early September. Enjoy the chapter!

The next day at work, Malekith walks up to me as I stuff my bag into my locker "I heard you played hookie yesterday."

As I unbutton my pants, I explain "My roommate is an epilecptic. He had a four minute long seizure, last night." he furrows his brow as I pull down my pants "He was pretty out of it, after. He knocked out, literally after, and I didn't want Hela to be alone if he had another, or woke up with some bad side effects."

Malekith gives a concerned look "Is he alright?"

I nod, before explaining "He woke up this morning, as if nothing had happened." I correct myself "He was complaining that his head was hurting, his muscles were sore, and he still felt like he needed a nap." I agressively toss my shirt into the locker "But I still feel like a piece of shit."

He gives a confused look, before asking "Why?"

I sigh, before sitting on the bench and tying my boots "He asked my to do two things before he had his seizure. Time it, and flip him when his body started jerking, so he wouldn't chock on his own spit. And I didn't flip him, because I completely lost my shit when he started screaming."

He furrows his brow "Wait, how did he know he was going to have a seizure?"

"He's go a service dog." I state and he gives an ever more confused look "Dogs, man. They can predict seizures, earthquakes, fucking ghosts or some shit." he laughs and I shrug "Anyway, the dog saved his goddamn life, because I was too fucking horrified to move."

Malekith frowns "So when was he dignosed epileptic?"

"When he was eighteen, before he went to prison." I state, before explaining "He was neglected and abused his whole life. When they started fattening him up, he got refeeding syndrome or something, and his brain and heart decided to jump ship. His heart is fine now, thank Oprah."

He scoffs "What, did he get a transplant?" I give a confused look and he jokes "You get a new heart, and you get a new heart, and you get a new heart!"

I burst out laughing and he chuckles, before I ask "Wait, do you actually watch Oprah?" he presses his lips into a fine line and I declare "You're gayer than I am!"

He rolls his eyes, before looking me over "You're rather hot." I scoff, before he checks his watch "I'm going to start getting ready."

I hum, before starting to rub lube on my muscles "Hey, Thor?" he asks and I look his way "You shouldn't blame yourself."

~

When I get out of work, Hela and Loki sit in the front seat "Hey, can you take Loki to the doctor?" Hela asks.

I give a concerned look "Yeah, what's it for?"

"Brain scan." Loki states and I cock my eyebrow to him, before he explains "Had another seizure, last night. Called my doctor. He told me to come in, because nobody knows how long it lasted."

I furrow my brow and ask "Why not?" Hela sighs, before I look between them "What am I missing?"

Loki takes a moment, before stating "It happened when Hela was dropping you off at work. She got back and timed the end of it. Four minutes."

I take a deep breath, before asking "Has that ever happened? Two seizures, back to back?" he shakes his head. I nod, before asking "What time?"

"Nine." Loki states and I give a weak smile, before Hela starts driving.

At nine, Loki lays in a MRI as the nueroligst speaks to me "Where you there during either of them?" I nod and he asks "Which one?"

I shake my head "Sorry, the first one." I state, before explaining "First time I've ever seen that. It was..."

I lead off and think about the scream "Horrifying?" the doctor asks and I nod, before he gives a weak smile "TLE, it's insane."

I give a confused look "TLE?"

He looks up to the screen and shows me two little bold dots on the image of Loki's brain "That's hippocampal sclerosis, which leads me to believe that it's TLE, or Temporal Lobe Epilepsy." he wets his lips "It accounts for about sixty precent of all people with epilepsy."

I nod, before he speaks through the microphone "Okay, Loki, we're going to bring you out, now."

When we're transferred to a room, and the nuerologist runs some more tests, he walks in and declares "You're completely fine. The last seizure didn't cause any more problems, so it's just your TLE."

As Fin licks Loki's hand, he asks "Then why did I have my first seizure in months, then one the next day?"

The doctor places his clipboard down and walks closer to Loki as he looks from Fin, to Loki, back to Fin. When he looks to me, I understand and step closer to Loki "You could have been having them without you knowing about it, or in your sleep."

Loki furrows his brow and is about to say something, when his features go blank and his arm starts to twitch. As his lips smack, I look at the doctor and ask "Should we lay him on the ground?"

He shakes his head "I believe this is just a petit mal seizure." when I give a confused look, he explains "Absence seizure. Staring off into space, like the first stage of a tonic-clonic, or the one you saw, but he twitches and smacks his lips. He could also grind his teeth together. He'll either remember hallucinating, or nothing."

About thirty seconds later, he comes to and asks "How could I not remember having a seizure?"

The doctor looks at him in pity, before going to collect his clipboard "I'm going to write you a prescription. It might not work, because TLE often rejects medication." He looks to me "If you see him do that again, you might have to remind him what he was saying before?"

I nod, before moving the hair out of his face. He furrows his brow "What did I do?"