5 2/2 ~ Interrogation Day

"Miss Rodriguez... chop chop." Madrazo ushered me on, clearly beginning to panic from my odd behavior. The fact I didn't scream back at him to not tell me what to do brought him into even more of a complete panic as he ordered all the men in the room outside, claiming embarrassment. Leaving him, myself, and De Santa all alone in painful, skull-crushing silence. I blinked my dry eyes, how long have I been staring? This poor guy must think I'm crazy. I'm being stupid. I bring my hand to my cheek, in an oddly feminine fashion, for myself it's odd at least, I work in a massively misogynistic field, I am never "girly."

I look to the pliers on my table, the surgical scissors and so on. Clueless of what I was supposed to do next. De Santa had managed to get so far into my head that I lost my professional demeanor. I quickly snatched the pliers back up and slowly glided my hands to his mouth, carefully opening his jaw and looking for his tongue. Sweat began to form on my forehead as I looked the man back in the eyes.

I could hear my heart racing.

I drop the pliers and flinch at the sound, who the fuck am I right now?! "Mad! Mr...Madrazo, can we have some.. well-deserved privacy?" I spit, frustration coating my tone and painting a threatening expression on my face.

I felt powerless. De Santa made me think of my current position as a "designated interrogator" in a whole new light with all the power he'd forced away from me as I looked at him. I felt like ripping someone to shreds. Tearing off fingernails, making a razor smoothy, setting the planet on fire and watching the people on Earth burn from alien space ships. My father might have been fucking right.

I believed I was gaining control from my father by giving control to Madrazo, but giving anybody any fucking control is still giving somebody control.

He visibly shivered, clearly unsatisfied he straightened his blazer and started on his walk to the exit. Silence droned on as the slaps of his heels brought him to the door, an excruciating walk.

I look back at Michael, the name growing in my mind. I sighed, releasing all the tension I'd build within myself, and walked around to the back of Michael De Santa's chair. Cutting him free of the ropes, I saw Michael jump, clearly tense too. "It's okay, Michael, I'm not going to hurt you. I'm... sorry I did before." I awkwardly mumble to him, bent over right behind his head. I lift myself onto my feet, stretching as I pack up my things. "We're... we're gonna leave, if that's okay...with you."

The man looked at me, dumbfounded. "Just like that...?"

I nod, motioning him to stand. We start for the front doors, the same distance from the back, the chair sitting in the middle of the warehouse, however, we'd be unnoticeable from the Madrazo men waiting in the shadows. 

Suddenly, ideas form in my mind, and I live out scenarios of what Michael could be to me. I quickly stop in my tracks and place an outstretched hand over his chest. Feeling a small amount of contact from the 6'2" man behind me, he wasn't ripped, but he was semi toned underneath, at least that's what it felt like.

"You need to promise me something first..." I start, a tiny bit of cockiness flowering in my tone. He just looks terrified and confused. "You..." I sway in front of him, poking a finger to his chest "have to promise to keep in touch."

His mouth fell open, "How do you expect me to do that?" he protested in a new york-ish accent. It made him so much more attractive.

"With... " I write out a series of numbers onto a post-it note discarded on the ground with a pen from my duffle bag, "this! I dare you to call the police, but if you're smart you'll meet up with me again."

I need a day at the Vanilla Unicorn...