The Vanilla Unicorn (Part 1)

( hey, author's note! Just warning you right now, I'm really gay and I'm guessing you guys are too! :D So this is most likely going to be a lemon... enjoy! )

I sat mesmerized by the spots on my windshield, glued to the passenger seat of the same car my father took me home in. The dashboard was covered in thick layers of dust, in spite of the mint condition it was left in the day I took the driver's seat, adorned with perfectly carved circles where my father superglued bobbleheads and other nicknacks to the rough plastic.

Only for me to inevitably pry them off with a crowbar.

My eyes were fixated on the dry landscape of the desert before me as the sun set just beyond the horizon. I felt the cool chill of Los Santos September nights roll in as my heart rattled in its porcelain cage.

He was on my mind, and he still hasn't called...

I could feel the words of my father flood into my mind as those thoughts took hold of me.
"You should have never trusted him"
"I hope the next time you fall for a man's stupid tricks, it brings your demise"
"I raised you to be so much better"
"You are my daughter"
"And you are worthless"
"Spineless"
"Wretched"
"Good for nothing"
"Born to disappoint"
"Born a mistake"

Whore...

I screamed into the starry sunset resting before me, rudely awakening the wildlife around me as I writhe in my seat. Punching the steering wheel repeatedly until the skin of my knuckles chips and leaves behind blotches of pale red cracks.

How could he? How could anyone do this to me? To me of all people?! I'm beautiful, aren't I? My skin tone glistens with a summery shimmer from the hours I've spent screaming obscenities on the roof of the dilapidated apartment complex I call home base. My nails might be chipped and lay beside torn skin from my lifelong nailbiting habit, but my teeth are a pearly white color, and the smile they hide behind is charming in my opinion. Not to mention, I'm a fucking angel.

If he can't see and feel that pure, warm aura I emit then maybe he's not even worthy of having me break his legs.

My heart shattered against the tightness I felt in my chest, and in defeat, I let my forehead fall onto the leathery steering wheel as my palms desperately clung to my eyes.
Maybe I really was nothing.
Maybe life is just a revolving door of disappointment where no one can be trusted, and I was stupid for going against my father after all.
Or maybe, I just need a girl's night...

I felt a light go off in my brain and I finally caught my fleeting breath.

The Vanilla Unicorn is a place I use to frequent quite when my father had finally kicked the bucket. At first, I faced some adversity, which, at the time, I didn't take too kindly to, but I now understand! It's apparently a very common thing for women to beat the shit out of a stripper for their husband's taking interest in the sex industry. I thought they were just misogynistic or just straight-up homophobic, so I broke some of the fingers off of their old bouncer and sent in a few threats before some strings had been tied and I had been made aware of their past issues with allowing alone women into the club.

At that time in my life, I really just needed a distraction, and the loud music, scantily clad women, and the alcohol were exactly what I needed to let go of the grueling trauma I was actively trying to avoid. Not to mention how guilty I felt for finally feeling a little freer...
In the beginning, I was really shy. Too deep in the closet to ask for a dance and almost too embarrassed to strike up a conversation, but eventually, a beautiful woman in a vibrant purple corset took the barstool next to me. Her brunette locks swayed against her bare sholders as she turned her welcoming smile to me and asked why I came in so often. To this day, she's one of my favorite girls in the club but I also love all the girls there. I find myself giving them a visit whenever life gets too stressful, they have magical ways of bringing the noise down to a low murmur.

So I turned the key, roaring the engine and causing the old lights of this shit-stained vehicle to flicker against the darkness.

I can't wait to see them...

(lmao sike. Next chapters definitely gonna be a lemon)