Chapter 6-- I Owe Her

Flashback Six

Ashley allowed me to stay her and her family. But after a four months I knew I was  overstaying my welcome. 

"Katie, Don't go."

"I am more than positive your parents don't want a hormonal pregnant teenage living in there house."

"They don't think of you like that."

"Come on I know they think I am annoying to live with."

"Katie where are you going to go?"

"I called my cousin Lisa. She said i could live with her, permanently." 

"Well she always been an awesome cousin. I wish I had a cousin like that!"

"I know I am actually excited." I packed all my stuff and my cousin sent a taxi to pick me up. I thanked Alyssa. The taxi took me to a tiny house by the beach. It was not really far away, but it was not walking distance from Alyssa's house. So my cell phone would have to be used often. I walked up to the front door, suitcase in hand and knocked. 

"Katie!! I can't believe your here! We are going to have so much fun!" Lisa yelled as she opened the door. It was loud, way to loud. She pulled me into the house, as she hugged me I smelt an odd smell. 

"Have you been drinking?" I asked confused, she must of been wasted. Her clothes were a mess, her hair was knotty. She had changed so much since the last time I had seen her. Her expression changed from happy to angry in a matter of seconds. 

"Oh please, ms. Got pregnant at 16 and then go and judge others."

"I wasn't judging you I was just-" I felt a sharp pain on my cheek to realize that Lisa just slapped me. 

"Go up to the room, and don't come down."

"No!" I tried to back away but being pregnant was not always the easiest. She gripped my arm.

"This is your fault. Don't judge other people." Maybe it was my fault…. And that was the start of another downward spiral.

Chapter 6

It felt like I was there for only twenty minutes. It is true time flies when your having fun. 

"Well guys its been fun but i have to pick up Darcy from school."

"Why don't I come with you!" Harry said. All the boys stared at him and he blushed. "You know- well because- I don't want her to be mad at me anymore. You know thats why." He said trying to quickly save himself. I knew Darcy would hate it but you never know, she might get over it.

"Ok sounds good." He followed me into the car. When I got into the driver seat, he got into the passenger seat. 

"You know, I hate it when I sit in the passenger seat." He said putting on his seat belt.

"Why is that?"

"Because I don't like feeling not in control."

"Oh that explains why you get drunk all the time, you must love feeling wasted." I replied laughing. 

"Oh that is low." He smirked back laughing. 

"Fine, if you want to drive I guess you can." I huffed out. I got out of the car and he took my seat. We were driving when I felt the familiar cell phone buzzing in my pocket. 

"Hello?" I picked up. Harry remained focused on the road. 

"Hello, is this Kaitlyn Smith?"

"Yes, may I ask who I am speaking to.." I asked now wondering who I was talking to, and how they knew exactly who I was.