Chapter twenty three

Chapter 23: (Olivia's POV)

The bell finally rang, signaling the end of homeroom. I listed down a few ideas of how we can act out the poem to talk to him about, once he's not mad at me and I was packing up as quickly as possible so I could talk to him before we headed for geo (geography) but he grabbed his bag and jumped over the table and ran out.

I thought of going after him but decided not to since I have geo with him like right now. I let out a sigh as I got up and threw my bag over my shoulder but before I could even take a step towards the exit, Kyle bumped into me from behind and ran straight out without stopping.

"Huh, they both seem to be running." I watched as he ran out of the classroom as fast as lightning.

"I wonder why," Em said as she came and stood next to me. I snapped out of it and asked,

"Did you talk to him?" I raised my eyebrows in curiosity. As we began walking to our next classes which we didn't have together.

"No I didn't get a chance to." she sighed while holding her books to her chest. "He avoided the topic at all costs and then ran like that." she whined and pouted. "Liv, what the hell am I supposed to do?" she whined as we reached her classroom.

"Figure it out. That's what you're supposed to do and I'm there to help." I pushed her into the class before continuing to walk to mine which was a few classrooms away.

I walked into the classroom, my eyes instantly landing on Austin who was not in his usual seat behind mine, but actually on the opposite side of the classroom.

I sighed and looked at who was sitting in front of him. Great, a jock. I marched over there and slammed my books down on his table. "Move." I demanded. He looked up at me in utter confusion as I glanced at Austin who was also taken by surprise from my actions.

"Excuse me?" the jock scoffed as he stood up, towering over me.

"I said, move." I repeated myself glaring at him. I felt Austin's eyes on me and so I turned my gaze to him. The jock saw that and looked between the two of us before grabbing his bag and going to sit in my usual seat. Luckily our seats weren't officially assigned so Mrs Walsh wouldn't care.

"Austin I-" I turned in my seat to face him but was interrupted by Mrs Walsh screaming her presence.

"Hello you guys!" she screetched. I clenched my jaw and close my eyes and let out a sigh of frustration. "Today we're going to start on development so can everyone please take out their notebooks at take notes as I go through the presentation." she smiled while setting her bag down and logging into the school's thousand year old computer.

I took my book out with a groan while Mrs Walsh tried to turn on the computer. She let out a sigh, "Not again. Can someone help me with this thing please!" she let out a groan as one of the tech kids got up to help her turn on the computer and get it working.

I took this as my chance and turned to face Austin. Again. "Austin listen I-" I started but he rolled his eyes and cut me off.

"Liv, we're in class right now can you please not." he requested rudely.

"Listen here Austin, I'm not gonna follow you around like a guilty little puppy so when I'm trying to apologize, just freaking accept the apology. Or at least let me say it." I huffed while watching his glare turn into amusement. "I-" I began again but Mrs freaking Walsh spoke up.

She clapped loudly. "Ok, we're all set for class. Where was I?" she trailed off before slowly going through the presentation while the class took notes. Finally after forty five minutes, the bell rang.

I quickly stood up and ran out of the class so I could catch Austin outside and drag him back in here when it was empty.

I leaned against the wall and waited for the people to leave the room. Austin was the last one leaving and I had my eyes closed which didn't help me realize that he had walked past me and halfway down the hall.

"Austin!" I called out and I knew he heard it because he stopped walking for a split second. "Austin!" I shouted again but still, no response. "Austin!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. He finally stopped walking and turned to my direction.

Across the hallway, his eyes landed straight on mine before he walked towards me rapidly. As he got closer and closer without his speed faltering one bit, I started taking small steps back, and back and back until my back hit a set of lockers.

He walked right up to me and stopped walking inches away from me. "What?" he spat at me with nothing but fury and anger in his voice.

"I'm sorry about what I said earlier ok? I didn't mean it. You know I didn't. That was the most fun I've had in a really, really long time. I'm sorry." I said softer than I thought I would.

"You meant it. You said it because you thought it and you thought it because you felt it. When you feel something, you mean it Olivia." he said, his voice a little strained.

"Well, I don't." I said confidently. "Austin, I don't hate you. I try to, but I don't and that's the freaking problem!" I screamed again as a crowd started gathering. "You're gonna break my heart." I whispered. "And I'm trying so hard to hate you so that I don't get hurt but it's just not working!" I spoke louder.

"I'm trying to hate you. But I can't." I shoved him back, losing my temper and getting frustrated with myself. "I can't do it!" I shouted again, pushing him harder.

I took a deep breath and got myself together. "I wanted to apologize to you, and I did. It's up to you whether you forgive me or not. I understand that I hurt you Austin, and I really am sorry." I whispered before trying to walk away. Trying.

He just grabbed my wrist and pinned me to a locker not as harshly as he normally would. "You have more to say. Say it." he demanded.

Cocky motherfucker.

"You're not a dick or a prick. At least to me. You treat me a whole lot better than other people. Why? I have no freaking clue. If it's the bet, then fuck you! If it's not, then thank you." I spoke quietly as the crowd dissolved.

"Well in that case, you're welcome." he stepped back and away from me.

"Even if it was you wouldn't admit it. Would you?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"It always partly will be, and you know that. But that's it. Just partly." he said lowly, stepping close to me again.

"That means if there are ever feelings then they'd also just be there partly." I scoffed.

"Partly is enough." he rested his forehead against mine. I've never been this close to him before and surprisingly, I didn't feel like pushing him off.

"Not for me." I shook my head slightly. "I can't have you partly love me. And I can't love you partly either. All or nothing. Sorry." I sighed.

"I can't settle for nothing so, all the way then." he breathed before stepping back and leaning on the wall across from me.

I stifled a laugh at his carelessness. "Maybe you are a dick." I scoffed while shaking my head.

"Well I can assure you that you are not a fucking frump. A bitch, sometimes." he nodded making me smack his chest.

"When I need to be, yeah. And with you, I need to be a bitch. A lot." I chuckled as I rested the back of my head against the lockers.

"Treat me however, you're always gonna be stuck with me. It's a curse you're blessed with." he winked.

"Love is a curse we're blessed with. Not you." I laughed while I closed looked up at the ceiling and sighed.

"Are you saying we're in love or- you're in love with me?" he gasped exaggeratedly.

Cocky motherfucker.