Chapter 4- Dreamer

Chapter 4- Dreamer

                I was in a large dark room with only two grey square-like arm chairs in the middle facing each other.  I did not know what to do, so I sat down at one of them.  I looked into the other chair and pretended there was a man there.  And not just any man, a very sophisticated man.

                “Well how do you do, sir?” I asked in my most professional voice while standing my back straight up like a sideways arch and cupped my hands together where they both rested on my knee.

                “Don’t talk like that, that can be very insulting” a man’s voice said back, but also in a professional voice.

                I looked up and saw a man with a flashy red coat and grey pants with a pair of glasses sitting on his over-sized pale nose.  His hair was neatly gelled back and had an expression of irritation displaying on his face and looked around forty.  He was the man I imagined myself talking to.

                “How’d you get here?” I asked, almost giving up my perfect posture.

                “I should be asking the same” he said.

                “I just poofed here”

                 “Magical.” He said with a hint of humorous sarcasm.

                I laughed.  “So what’s your name?”

                “What do you want my name to be?”

                “I don’t know. Gregory is very official and fancy but it sounds kind of like a butler. Why do I get to choose your name?”

                “Well, you are the Dreamer.”

                “What?  You’re weird, Gregory.

                “So my name is Gregory?”

Yes.  Are you going to ask me what my name is?”

“But I already know, its Katherine.”

“Yes...  Wait what did you mean by I am the Dreamer?” I asked, giving off a more serious tone.

“You can control his dream”

“What?  Who’s the ‘his’?” I asked, clearly confused.

Gregory did not say another word but looked over to an empty space in a corner and pointed to it.  All I could see was black but when I squeezed my eyes I could see a little outline of a boy and had a good feeling who he was.

“Well, Gregory.  It’s been nice talking to you.” I said, getting up to approach the boy.

“Good night” he said.  And just as he came, he magically disappeared.

I walked slowly but surely into the darkness.

Ugh, if only it was lighter, I thought.  The lights instantly came on and I was staring straight into Zack’s eyes.

“Hi” I said.

“Hi.  Who are you?” he asked.

“You don’t remember? I am… “I started, but then I remembered that I was in Katherine’s body, not Patty’s.  “Oh I don’t believe we’ve meet.  I am Katherine.”  I said offering a hand out to him.

“Zack” he said, taking my hand.

                “Nice to meet you Zack.”