EIGHT

L U C Y ' S P O V
"I can't believe it." I mumbled as I looked at the magazine site which was showing a photo of Camila and some guy, leaving the bar where Shawn and I came across two days ago.

"What is it?" Shawn yawned rubbing his eyes, slowly sitting up straight.

"Uhm, nothing." I quickly locked my phone and put it on the nightstand next to me, then turned to him again.

There was no need to show him the picture, because I knew he would be sad. They were dating for almost one and a half years, and they broke up only yesterday? It definitely would make him feel kinda used, or some way I can't even guess. I personally would be a mess if I saw a photo of Connor and a girl, making out and leaving the bar together.

I didn't want him to feel that way.

"Are you sure?" He furrowed his eyebrows, while slowly getting closer to me. "You look tensed."

"I'm sure, Shawn." I murmured, cupping one of his cheeks and placing a soft kiss on the other. "Wanna have breakfast?"

"Hell, yeah!" He yelled happily, getting up and making his way to the bathroom. I just sat there, though, looking at his back, smiling.

How could he manage to feel so happy after finding out that his girlfriend cheated on him? Let alone cheating, kept it hidden?

But then, another thing caught my attention.

I was the same.

It was maybe because we weren't feeling guilty anymore, because we literally had the people we thought who would be mad at us, doing the same thing behind our back and not telling to even a soul for months.

Or maybe because,

We were finally together with the person our heart wanted for this whole time?

I shook my head and pushed the thoughts away, once Shawn came out and stood in the doorway.

"You look beautiful."

A smile made it's way up to my face as he spoke, slowly turning into a laughter, though. The fact that he was just standing there, looking at me with a mesmerized look on his face, and complimenting me, suddenly appeared in my head like a funny joke.

First of all, he couldn't be serious. I definitely was not beautiful, that he was telling me this, with his own face and body.

Oh, God.

Only if he knew what I would do to his beautiful features.

Second, he had this childish smile on his face, which was making the situation even more funny and awkward at the same time.

"Alright, Shawnie boy! It looks like someone still hasn't looked in the mirror today, I guess?" He laughed at my words, head slowly tilting back.

"I have, Lucy. And I know who I'm complementing to, and that it wouldn't change a thing." He slowly started walking to me, as a blush started taking place on my cheeks. "Why are you so red, darling?" He placed his hand on my forehead, and a smirk formed his lips. "Someone's being shy, huh?"

"Oh, shut up!" I laughed, hitting his arm with the pillow I took from behind.

He didn't move an inch, though.

Damn your biceps, Mendes!

"And you're not strong enough, hm?" He murmured against my neck as he already sat down, one of his hands tracing circles on my arm while the other was just resting on my thigh.