A Strange Encounter

The rest of the day was uneventful with Loki making sure you were resting. He would read to you and let you snuggle up to him. You never thought Loki would
ever let you get this close to him sense he hated anyone touching him. But for some reason he relaxed when you were in his arms.

*

Weeks passed and you were getting better and better at mounted shooting and training with Natasha. The team told you that you would be going out on a mission soon and you couldn't be more exited. Finally all of your hard work was getting recognized. There was only one thing you had to figure out. How were you going to keep Blaze safe while you were under fire from the enemy?

Saving Morgan you got off lucky, neither of the criminals shot at you, but you knew that was going to change. You looked up horse armor on the internet but nothing fit your needs. You needed bulletproof horse armor that didn't hindrance Blaze's movements. Nothing you found fit that description and you were starting to get worried you would find nothing to protect Blaze before your first mission. That was until you got a letter from a man named Doctor Steven Strange.

*

"JARVIS said this came for you in the mail kid." Tony said as he entered the living room one morning. Everyone was starting to come down for breakfast, Clint cooked pancakes. You looked up from your breakfast when Tony handed you the letter.

On the front of the letter all it said was (y/n) in elegant font. You opened the letter confused on who would send it to you, if your friends or family wanted to contact you they would just call or text.

Dear Miss (y/l/n),
I am writing you to invite you to the Sanctum Sanctorum, on 177A Bleecker Street, New York City, NY. I have much to discuss with you.
~ Sincerely Doctor Steven Strange

You read the letter and flip it around to make sure nothing else was written on it. It seemed pretty empty. Why, out of everyone in this tower, would someone request your presence? No one but the school and your family knew you were living with the Avengers, you hadn't officially been announced as an Avenger to the public yet.

Loki looked at the letter in your hand from his spot at the dinning table next to you while he simultaneously stuffed his face with pancakes. He loved them and could never get enough of them. He swallowed his mouth full of pancakes hard and ripped the letter from your hand.

"Do you know who this is?" He asked you sternly trying to keep the panic from his voice. You shook your head. He growled not liking the idea of you being summoned by someone you didn't even know. "You can't go." Loki told you firmly.

"Loki don't you think I'm the one who should make that decision?" You asked Loki, not liking him telling you what you can and can't do. He may be your best and most trusted friend in the tower but he was NOT allowed to run your life. You had a strong stubborn streak and whenever anyone said you couldn't do something you would do it anyway just to prove them wrong, no matter how dangerous it was. "Just because you don't want me to go I think I will." You said with as much sass as you could muster. Then you added, "Go. To the Sanctum." Just to make it clear everyone knew where you are going.

Loki had a freak out, "NO! You can't go!" He practically yelled at you, that just made you want to do it more.

"I can and I will." You told Loki firmly.

"You don't even know who this guy is (y/n)!" Thats when you knew Loki was taking this seriously, he used your real name. He usually used his pet names for you like 'love' or 'little one' he only used your real name when he was being serious or formal. And he definitely wasn't being formal right now. "It could be dangerous and your the least experienced fighter here! You don't even have powers!"