twenty

"HI SWEETY!" JOHNNY'S MOM HUGS me. i cringe as she kisses both my cheeks. i greet his dad and lauren.

"heyyy, how have you been" lauren hugs me.

we talk for a little while before johnny comes down the stairs. their house is so beautiful, it's slightly bigger than ours and beautifully decorated.

"lauren, go away" johnny walks up to us ushering lauren to leave.

"jeez, you can have your girlfriend" lauren surrenders and leaves.

i chuckle, i look over at johnny to see him awkwardly laughing while scratching the back of his neck.

"you look beautiful" he says looking me up and down, which makes my stomach whirl.

"thank you" i walk into the kitchen asking if i can help.

"so kenzie dear... how many girls has johnny been with in the last week?" his dad asks.

well except me... none. atleast i hope none.

his question catches me by surprise. "zero"

i swallow hard, i feel like he can see right through me. like he knows everything that happened.

"good... you know you're the only girl left he has to date" he tries to joke.

i let out a fake laugh, not understanding his joke. johnny leans against the kitchen island, his cheeks look a bit red.

"ok. let's go up to my room, bye bye" johnny grand my wrist before his dad can embarrass him more.

"sorry about that"

"you don't have to apologize to me" i remind him that we're best friends.

i sit on his bed, he copies my actions and takes a seat at the end of his bed, i put my feet on his lap. "maddie's getting suspicious" i say.

johnny looks at me confused, "what do you mean?"

"well, she noticed how much more i talk about you ever since.."

"awwww" he grins and pats my leg.

"shut up, she also noticed the name i have for you on my phone changed."

"to what?"

"'johnny' with two red hearts" i look away embarrassed.

"i have you as 'kenz' with like 7 different hearts" he laughs at himself.

i smile as i continue, "oh and she noticed some hickeys"

he smirks while playing with my golden anklet.

i build up the courage to ask him what i've been wondering for so long,

"um, johnny?"

"hm"

"what... are we?" we lock eyes and he begins to say something before getting cut off by his mom.

"kids! dinners ready!" she calls out from downstairs.

i sigh as we get up and go downstairs.

i pile up my plate and dig into the delicious food, sadly i get interrupted by another one of johnny's dad's weird questions.

"so kenzie, are you in a relationship?"

i shake my head with my mouth full of food.

"no boys yet huh?"

"dad" johnny gives his father a glare.

"you know you were a lot shorter the last time we saw you" johnny's mom says squinting at me.

i don't know how to reply to that. i manage to make my way through dinner without bursting out laughing from his parents random questions.

they insisted i stayed the night, but it's weird having them in the next room and lauren aswell.

i hug lauren goodbye and johnny walks me out to moms car which i drove here.

"even though my parents were super wierd with you... they really do love you" johnny admits as we stop at the car.

"i feel like he knows" i say looking back at his house.

"knows what?" he asks clueless.

"about us... what we've done." i look up at him.

"nah, they love you more than me"

a few silent seconds pass, i don't know what to do or say.

johnny bites his lip which makes it hard for me to look away.

"well... i'm gonna go" i announce.

johnny leans in to kiss me, this time it's slow and gentle. he rests his hands on my waist and pulls me closer. i sling my hands around his neck and quickly kiss him hoping his parents didn't see.

"chill" he says and leans in and kisses me again.

before it turns into a makeout session, i pull away.

"i love you" he confesses, i decide not to tell him to shut up and actually be nice. his face is flat looking for an answer.

i sigh. "i love you too johnny" i say as if it was forced even though it wasn't and i mean it.

he chuckles and opens the door for me, i sit inside and slowly drive away. he waves at me like a little kid.

the whole drive home, i'm smiling.

it's my birthday yeet!

also 3k reads whaaat😱😱