❊ { twenty-five } ❊

Edited: May 13th 2020

[David]

I woke up the next morning with a very painful migraine and a dizzy feeling that I always get when I'm hungover.

I started to take in everything around
me and I was shocked to find Charlotte curled up in my arms. I made sure I didn't move because I didn't want to wake her.

I was dying to know if we'd drunkenly and accidentally had sex last night but there was no way for me to tell. Charlotte wasn't wearing the clothes she went out in, that much I knew.

I began to attempt to remember when happened last night.

I started from the beginning of the day.

Said goodbye to Natalie

Charlie was sad so I tried my best to cheer her up

We went go-karting and everyone was somewhat tipsy

I got great footage

Then it hit me that I had to post a vlog today and I had done no editing whatsoever. I began to internally panic because I hated posting a vlog late.

As lovely as it felt to hold Charlotte in my arms, I knew I needed to get started on the edit. So as carefully and slowly as I could, I slipped out of bed, making sure to not wake her.

Luckily, she was a heavy sleeper.

I took two Advil's to hopefully make my migraine subside, and the whole time I was looking for any signs that we accidentally slept together.

I couldn't really find anything other than the fact that she was wearing my sweatshirt. But she always wore that sweatshirt to sleep, and it made me smile every time I saw her in it.

There was no condom to be found but I wasn't sure if I should be relieved or even more worried.

I stumbled out into the kitchen to grab my camera and laptop. I squinted at the bright sunlight shining into my living room and kitchen, and my head hurt even more.

I heard a chuckle and without even needing to see him I said,
"Jeff, why are you here? It's like 7 am"

"Actually it's like 10 o'clock." He said.

I ignored him and went into the kitchen. I grabbed my MacBook and my camera then sat down on the couch.

"Not that I care that you stayed the night, and I'm not trying to be rude, but why are you here?"

"It was really late by the time we'd gotten everyone home and made sure they would be okay. I didn't feel like getting an Uber at 3 am so I just crashed on the couch." He explained.

"You coulda slept in Natalie's room," I said.

"Charlotte said the same thing. But I just didn't feel right doing that and the couch was fine with me."

I nodded.
"Uh, what exactly happened last night?"

"You got completely wasted. Charlotte made sure you didn't do anything stupid-"