Execution

It was the day of the execution. After seeing Ichigo, and Renji do their Bankai training, and Yoruichi asking if I also wanted to learn, I told her I needed to think about it, and left, making my way home. A Bankai is the second and final form of a Shinigami's Zanpakuto. It is the ultimate technique of Captain-class Shinigami and those who achieve it are said to be in possession of an "evolved Zanpakuto." To achieve Bankai, a Shinigami must typically train ten years to both subjugate and materialize their Zanpakuto spirit in the real world. Then, they must complete additional training to fully master their Bankai before it is useable in combat. The spirit learns Bankai at the same moment as its Shinigami wielder, but it can withhold power from its Shinigami if it deems them to be unworthy. Recently obtained Bankai can continue to evolve as their Shinigami grows until the Zanpakuto is completely mastered. (Got that off google)

I sat in my room, looking at Kyln in my hand. Kyln fused with me to give me my current life. Even though we have fused into one body, I have not tried communicating with him and vice versa. When dad and Urahara first found me, all they knew was that I had obtained a Zanpakuto, but not the circumstances on how I obtained it. I wasn't sure, if learning Bankai was safe or not.

".. (Y/n)." I looked up at dad and he was staring at me from a few steps ahead of me.

"Sorry, did you ask something?" I asked continuing up the steps.

"Are you okay?" he asked me and continued walking when I caught up with him.

".. I should be asking you that.." I said quietly. "Rukia.. she's mom's sister. Are you sure about this?" I asked him. "There's nothing we could do to stop it?" I asked him.

"It's the rules." Was all dad said in reply, and I sighed as we reached the execution site. I looked up to the giant sword and Rukia on the stand. She looked at me and dad as well.

"Ichigo better be fast." I thought standing next to dad. I looked around seeing very few people in attendance, barely half the Captains were in attendance. The only ones that were here were the Captain and Lieutenant from Squad 1, 2, and 8. Captain Ukitake of Squad 13, I heard gets ill easily and often, so he might not come and I believe their Squad does not have a lieutenant. Then Captain Kurotsuchi of Squad 12 I heard got into a fight with one of the Ryouka and lost. Captain Aizen of Squad 5 had been killed, and Hinamori was hospitalized. I wasn't sure about the other Captains and Lieutenants though.

"(Y/n), where is your Captain?" Dad asked me.

"Oh.. I guess he might have been busy on.. paperwork.." I said softly, not knowing if it was the right thing to say. If it wasn't, dad didn't say anything after that.

~~~~

"Kuchiki Rukia, it is time. Any last words before your execution?" Captain of Squad 1, Yamamoto asked her.

"Yes. Just one." she answered. Rukia requested that after her execution, that Ichigo and the others are free to go back to their own world, unharmed, and Captain Yamamoto granted her request. 

I bit my lip, knowing that he was lying, knowing that he was lying so Rukia would die in peace. "Not if I can help it.." I thought. I looked up at the Sokyoku radiating a bright blue Reiatsu. Everyone was occupied looking at Rukia, and my hands were behind my back. I slowly began to gather reiatsu in my hand, forming Kyln.

"Release the seal!" Captain Yamamoto ordered. I wrapped my hands around my fully formed sword, glancing around seeing no one had noticed yet, thanks to the immense reiatsu of the Sokyoku. I his Kyln in the sleeve of my black kimono. White Squares floated up from the stand Rukia stood on and began lifting her up into the air. A blazing fire appeared from the base of the Sokyoku, turning the spear into that of a Phoenix.

"Well that was unexpected." I thought. I reached for the hilt of Kyln, and was about to go cut Rukia down, when I suddenly felt Ichigo's reiatsu. I looked up seeing Ichigo in front of Rukia, protecting her from the Phoenix with his Zanpakuto. ".. Good timing." I thought smiling. I saw the Sokyoku back up and charge again at Ichigo. 

I was about to intervene, when Captain Ukitake showed up with a weird shield thing. Captain Kyoraku joined him as well on the other side of the shield, they seemed to insert their Zanpakuto's into the swords and a light traveled up to the Sokyoku, and it dispersed into the air. "Is it destroyed?" I thought as balls of fire rained down. I looked up seeing Ichigo had freed Rukia from the stand and was carrying her like a sack of potatoes. I looked up at Ichigo and he seemed to notice my gaze. I smiled a bit, not knowing what his plan was, but knew it was probably something stupid. I heard grunting and yells, and turned seeing some Shinigami were knocked out by Renji. He flinched and bent down on a knee. "He must still be injured from his fight with dad." I thought.

"Ready?" I heard Ichigo yell. I turned and saw him throw Rukia towards Renji, "Look out below!" he yelled. I flash stepped away from dad to where Renji and Rukis was, with Kyln drawn from his sheath. "Get going, Renji-san." I said glancing back at him smiling.

"Get her to safety, far away from here!" Ichigo yelled.

Renji looked at me and towards Ichigo, then stood up and ran. I smiled and turned back at the Captain's and Lieutenants in front of me. The Lieutenants of Squad 1, 2, and 4 came running towards me, trying to get to Renji. Ichigo flash stepped next to me. "I can take care of it." I said to him as he stabbed his Zanpakuto in the ground in front of me.

"Get out of the way!" The Lieutenant of Squad 2 yelled.

I was about to say something again to Ichigo when he disappeared and took out all 3 Lieutenants. ".. Nevermind." I mumbled smiling. "You got so much stronger.." I thought seeing him face off with dad.

"(Y/n), go protect those 2." Ichigo said not taking his eyes off dad.

".. Got it." I smiled and turned and ran to chase after Renji and Rukia. I caught up with them at the stairs on the back of the mountain. "Renji-san, you feeling okay?" I asked running beside them.

"(Y/n).." Rukia said my name and I smiled at her.

"Is it okay for you to be doing this?" Renji asked me.

"Do what? Save a friend?" I asked and Renji just stared at me, then smiled.

"Nevermind" he said and we continued running.

"What about Ichigo?" Rukia asked me.

"He's fighting dad." I said. I saw Rukia's worried face. "He'll be fine." I smiled at her. "Believe in him." I said and she was hugged Renji tighter. I glanced at the two of them and smiled.

"Let's hurry." I said and they both nodded and we picked up our pace.