Savior

Chapter 5 - Savior (One of the greatest songs of all time, fight me)

[Y/N POV]

All of the operators around me quickly cleared the room, many were crying as they walked out. I on the other hand couldn't bring myself to move. I just sat on the chair lost in my thoughts.

Monika was gone? She was dead? No, that's impossible. She promised she would never leave me... but if she's not dead... I could save her. Yes, I had to. I look up to see Six standing there, glaring at me waiting for me to either leave or react. I stand up straight and look dead into my boss's eyes.

Y/N: "Let me go. I can save them... I need to save them."

Six's expression quickly changed from serious to curious. (Hehe that rhymes)

Six: "Well, who would you like to bring with you?"

I could tell she was slightly excited which annoyed me but now wasn't the time to argue.

Y/N: "I want to go alone. It's easier to only have to worry about the hostages, instead of them and my team. Plus, I've always worked alone."

She looks at me with complete curiosity, almost like she forgot that five of her operators may be dead.

Six: "What happened? You made it pretty clear that you could never hurt anyone again."

Y/N: "This is... different. Monika was the first person to ever truly care for me. I would be worse than a murderer if I just let her die."

Six: "Well if you insist how could I deny?"

A sadistic looking grin slowly appeared on her face. She had me right where she wanted me and I knew it, but as of now I didn't really have a choice.

Six: "Buuuut, I'm sending a team with you for back up. They can stay back until you want them there."

I just nod to show my compliance with her demand. Her smile increases ever so slightly as she reaches for the mic right next to her. She speaks into it causing her voice to echo throughout the base.

Six: "Operators Blackbeard, Valkyrie, Finka, and Mira, gear up and meet at the chopper in 15 minutes." She repeats the message again and looks at me. "That includes you."

I just nod and walk out of the door to get geared up. I walk into my room, well Monika's room, and slip on some black jeans with a white shirt over my torso. I put on a thick black sweater over my shirt and head to the armory. From there I grab two pistols (Readers choice for what type) strapping one to the outside of each thigh. I also grab a rather large knife (Again reader can decide what knife) and attach it to the outside of my right calf. Now that I'm all set to go I make my way out to the helicopter to see that I'm the last one to arrive. I walk up standing next to the other four operators who all gave me curious looks. Before they can question me Six walks over holding her hands behind her back.

Six: "I believe you might be needing this."

She pulls her hands from behind her revealing a katana held in a clean wooden sheath. This was the weapon I used in the video she first showed me in the interrogation room, and my weapon of choice. I smile and thank her before she continues.

Six: "Our team is being held in a middle school on the outskirts of the city (Dubai). There will be a heavy white mask presence there so be ready for a fight. Y/N will be leading this op so follow his orders."

I nod and begin to board the helicopter after my teammates, but before I do I can I feel a hand on my chest stopping me from moving further.

Six: "You're not wearing any protective gear?"