14

lol imagine being pretty

lol imagine being pretty. I can't relate.
***

My foot was practically flooring the gas pedal as I tried to get us home as quickly as possible. The poor woman who had been beaten by the rogues said that they had a message before she looked directly at Lilly and said, "Just wait."

After that she collapsed on the ground, probably from exhaustion or blood loss. I'm not sure if what she said was the message or if she was just preparing herself to say it, but either way, it was a chilling sight. And if it was the message, those two words sent a chill down my spine.

Just wait.

What did that even mean?

Pack members then shuffled to get Lilly and I out of the cafe quickly and here we are.

I'm sure I was breaking the law with how fast I was going. Actually I knew I was breaking the law. Going forty over the speed limit was sure to get me a ticket but Lilly was so shaken up, I wanted to get her away from that sight as soon as possible.

Very quickly, I pulled up in front of Alpha Donnelly's house.

"No," she shook her head, "Can you take me to his office?"

I didn't argue with her and then started back to town, still basically flooring it. I had seen their office on the second day here, but I had never been inside of it and as far as I knew, neither had Lilliana.

Their office, also known as the pack house, was where everyone with a high ranking worked. Even though it was called a house, it was actually an office building with twenty floors. I guess I had forgotten that the Agrios Pack was very large.

I parked the car and we both speed walk inside. The man at the front desk looks at us with wide eyes before gesturing to the elevator, "Top floor,"

How does everyone already know who we are?

"I'll text you," is all she says when we get to the top floor. Lilly made a beeline to the office that says Alpha Donnelly's name, leaving me in the lobby. The gammas at their desks are looking at me confused.