⇒ Chapter 9

THE DATE THING TO THE SIDE

The drive home consisted of comfortable silence and the occasional sound of me humming to any song I liked that came on the radio.

"Thanks for tonight," I said to Axel as we climbed out of the car when we were back at the house. Well, he stepped out and I jumped.

The sun was going down slowly leaving the sky bright but slightly dim at the same time.

"You're welcome, but the night isn't over," He smirked.

I raised my eyebrow and crossed my arms.

"Well... Unless you'd rather go and hang out with other people. I don't mind, you probably don't even want to see me for a while," He rushed out quickly laughing awkwardly at the end and locking his car.

"No, I want to hang with you," I smiled slipping my small hand through his.

"Really?" He asked staring at me with disbelief and hope.

I nodded and we headed inside together.

"I had another pack member organize it before we got here," Axel lead me into the kitchen and turned pulled a carton of milk out of the fridge, "Coffee or hot chocolate?"

"Hot chocolate please," I took a seat at the bench and watched him as he got two mugs out and a tin of hot chocolate.

Axel prepared the hot chocolate and left me wondering what else he could possibly have planned.

"You should go upstairs and change into something comfortable," He told me as he mixed the hot milk with the chocolate powder.

In my shared room, Sam, Alex and Griffin were sitting on the beds.

"Hey," I said as I walked in.

"How was your date?" Griffin asked excitedly.

"It wasn't a date!" I whisper-yelled.

"Date? What?" Sam asked looking between me and Griffin.

"Nothing," I said at the same time Griff said;

"Kendall went on a date with Axel and skipped school,"

"Stupid girl," I mumbled pulling some maroon track pants and a black camisole out of the draws.

"We're gonna have to have a talk with him," Alex cracked his knuckles.

"No. You won't. I might not be back tonight so your welcome to sleep in here Griffin," I didn't have a problem changing in front of them. They were like my siblings and I'd probably throw up if I knew one of them thought of me like that.

"I don't need your permission. I'll sleep in here if I want to, whether your here or not," She replied sassily holding her finger up.

"Where are you going?" Sam asked as I opened the door.

"Going to see Axel..." I trailed off nervously.

"Hey, wait! I have condoms, just give me a sec," Sam rummaged through his draw and pulled out a pack.

"I don't need them!" I squealed blushing.

"As much as I'd love to be an uncle, I don't think your ready to be a mother," He stressed.

"We're not going to have sex," I ran out of the room leaving them in there with Sam waving the neon pink condom in the air.

When I got back to the kitchen, Axel was gathering a bunch of snacks into a large tub.

"What are we doing that requires this many snacks?" I asked making him turn around at the sound of my voice.

He grinned and pretended to zip his mouth, "You'll see,"