144.

RYAN POV

I overheard what went down. Have to say I was a little surprised. When our parents walked pass my room I hid myself. Harlow came walking into my room. But I knew she was on punishment. She looked hurt. And Harlow rarely shows any emotion. She sat on the edge of my bed with her face in her hands.

Dammit.

"Harlow are you okay?" I asked. She didn't answer me. Sighing I sat next to her. She leaned into me crying. I've never seen this girl cry. I wasn't sure what I should do. "Umm... don't cry" I said.

But she continued to cry anyway. Just holding her still until she stopped. Kai came in and saw Harlow crying. He looked confused as I did. "Help" I mouthed.

Kai took a seat on his bed which was across from mine. "Why is she crying?".

Explaining to him what she did and how she got into trouble "ooohhh".

About ten minutes later she sat up wiping the left over tears. "Are you going to explain why you were crying?".

"It's not fair!" She said.

Kai And I glanced at each other "What's not fair?".

"Salem! She's been telling me how pretty she is than me. Calling me ugly! And I defend myself but I get in trouble. No fair!" She said.

"Harlow let me explain something... what you did wasn't nice. How would you feel if one morning you woke up and you had no hair?" Kai asked. He was always the sensible one. "I would be mad".

"Exactly! Do you know there's kids who don't have any hair what so ever. Because they have cancer!" He said. She didn't say anything but you saw her face soften up. "Some is those kids would love to have hair on their heads. And you're just cutting Salem's hair like it's nothing".

"Kai is right. You could've done something a little more simple" I said.

"You're not helping" Kai said.

I shrugged.

"Beauty isn't what's on the outside but what's on the inside. As long as your have a good heart you'll always be beautiful" Kai said. Look at him giving some good advice.

Harlow cracked a smile "thank you, Kai".

He smiled "no problem. And Salem will eventually stop. She's always been this way".

"How come Daddy is closer to Salem?" She asked.

"Daddy is close to all of us" I said.

"Not with me! I feel like we don't even have that closeness like he does with Salem" she said.

"Hmm... do you feel that way with mom too?" Kai asked.

"No mom and I have our fun. She's always finding a way to make me smile and I like that" she said.

"So dad is the issue. Have you told dad this?" I asked.

She shook her head "I don't think he will do anything about it. He might say he will but he won't". I mean she's not lying. "I just want what Salem has with him and I know I will never get that".

"Hence why you dislike Salem! Makes sense now" Kai said.

"Look maybe if you tell mom she will tell dad and he will have to do something about it" I said.

"That might work. Mom usually knows how to get dad to do things" Kai said.

"Mom is mad at me right now" she said.

"Just give her a day or two and she will get over it. By that time Salem's hair should be fixed and all is forgotten" I said.

"How come mom favors you so much?" She asked.

"Huh? Favors me? I don't think so" I said.

"She does" she said.

"Umm I don't know! Maybe because we technically grew up together. We saw the same stuff as well. Same goes for Kai. But Salem came soon after. I had a whole four years with mom and that's when things were a little hectic" I said.

"Oh" she said.

"But mom and dad love you Harlow. You are the baby still until those two come. Mom goes out her way to make you smile... that's love. And dad he has his rare moments with you" kai said.

"When he saw Salem's hair he was so mad at me. It's like I cut a piece of him. I never saw him look at me like that before" she said.

"He was mad! As a parent would be" I said.

"I guess" she said.

Kai and I just glanced at each other again. She laid on my bed and took a nap. "I'll tell mom what she said. Cause this needs to be handled. Dad has to do something about this".

"I agree!" I said.

"Or this will only escalate as they get older. And Harlow has an anger issue already. I can only imagine the damage it'll do as she gets older and hormones starts playing a part into it" Kai said.

I nodded "Kai when you get older be a psychologist! You're good at it". He smiled "nah that's too much carrying on others problems".