Chapter Nineteen

I entered the apartment; blood stained my face and clothes. I was breathing heavily as entered the bathroom. It was pretty late, so both of the boys must be asleep. 

After I locked the door, I undressed and stepped into the shower. The warm water hit my back as I began to think. Did I really just kill my dad? I did, didn't I...

"There are just so many awful parents in this world," I sighed, "But I guess it's my job to take down that population just a smidge."

After I had gotten dressed, I walked out to the living room where I noticed Jordan sitting on one of the chairs with a small box TV set up in front of him. "Hey, Jordan," I said as I sat next to him, "Why are you up so late?"

"I just got back from work. I regret saying I was available all the time," he groaned. He then yawned which caused me to yawn. "Anyway, were you called to a case?"

A slight smirk played on my lips. "I guess you could say that," I chuckled. 

"What was it this time?" he asked. There was genuine curiosity in his green eyes that was all too familiar. My face went into a little awe as a memory flashed. 

"Hey, Jordan! Guess what?!" a little voice squeaked, it was mine. My little arms then wrapped around a tiny Jordan from behind. 

"What?" he asked. His eyes held that same curiosity. They seemed to sparkle. That sparkle, I always loved it. 

"I found this at the park and Daddy said I could keep it!" I cheered as I held a necklace in front of him. It was a gold locket with carvings of hearts in them. It was obviously just painted gold by the chips of silver showing through. 

"Cool! It probably belonged to a rich person!" 

"You think?"

He nodded. I could clearly remember my thought process. Jordan's family was just a bit poorer than my own. His grandpa just died and their last hope for inheritance died with him as he left nothing to them. "Then you should have it," I say as I pull it over his head. 

"Why? You found it," Jordan asked. I then strung the necklace around his neck. 

"Because I love you," I smiled.  

"What are you thinking about?" Jordan said as he poked my cheek. My eyes squinted as I was thinking of what to say. 

"Do you remember that locket I gave you when we were little?" I asked with a slight blush on my face. He smirked as he reached under his tight nit green sweater and pulled out the locket. 

"You're blushing~" he snickered.

"Oh, fuck off," I said as I shoved his beanie over his face. His chuckle filled the room as he took off his beanie to reveal his dirty blonde hair. He then threw his beanie in my face and I soon began laughing as well. 

🔫🔫🔫

"Seemed like he was the murderer of the first few victims," I said cooly as I examined my own dead father with Lestrade and the rest of the detectives. 

Anderson huffed, "Yeah? And how do you know that?"

"He left a list of names, duh," I mocked as I lifted up the list. Nah, he didn't, he was careful, but I wanted this done and over with so I just copied his handwriting. Even scratched out the ones he'd already finished off. 

Lestrade took the list swiftly from my hand. "Wow, looked like if someone hadn't killed him, there could've been well over a hundred people dead," Lestrade noticed as he looked over the list.