28. Not The Girl

Everybody was staring, Xavier had no doubt about that fact. That would be the only reason Kat would decide to smash her lips against his in such a rough, explicit way in front of everyone. Although she did sometimes do it when they were both alone, it was never this aggressive unless they were out in public.

The taste of candy canes that rubbed off her lips made it almost impossible to kiss her and actually enjoy it. He preferred it when she was easy and gentle. He liked taking it slow with her. It was a new, fresh feeling.

So why did she have an obsession with everyone seeing them kiss?

Letting go of the top of Xavier's shirt, which Kat had clutched in her palm to slide him closer, which by itself added heat to the photo, she smiled before giving him a little peck, surely lifting her leg behind her for that extra look. Lame. Nothing like when they were alone.

She posed in different positions, flipping her hair from one side to the other. Whether he wanted to admit it or not, she actually did have the quality it took to become a model. She was insanely thin, since she was now on a strict diet that barely allowed her to eat anything, and had a face that would look good on the cover of magazines. More than she already was in.

She was beautiful. He smiled. She was his girlfriend.

"Thank you all, but we gotta get going, right, love?" She looked at him with loving eyes.

Did Stella ever look at him with loving eyes? Had she?

No, don't. Stop. Kat. She's right here. She's here. I want to love her. She's beautiful.

"Yeah," he smiled back, pecking her forehead before waving at the cameras, already walking away.

He couldn't help but hear the whistles that were blown as Kat turned around and slid underneath his arm, placing it over her shoulder. She smirked under her new bangs, trying to hide the satisfaction she felt at having so many men look at her. She loved that, Xavier knew clearly. The attention she attracted was one of her favorite factors of being famous.

But did she love his attention too?

"Where to?" She asked, snuggling close to him.

"Well, we need to go to the hotel. We need to get ready for the interview we have tonight."

"Right, I forgot. What do you think I should wear?" Xavier shrugged. "Maybe that purple dress that I used the other night for our date?"

He furrowed his eyebrows. "That wasn't a dress. That was a very small swimming suit."

She laughed, "It wasn't that bad. I actually quite liked it. It's one of my favorite ones."

"I mean, if you want. It just wasn't my taste, I guess." He frowned.

He didn't want anyone to see her the way he did.

"You're so overly dramatic. But I still love you." She reached up and kissed him lightly, like she usually did whenever nobody was around to snap shots of the kiss. That drove him crazy, knowing everything was sometimes just an act. He knew that she didn't really care about what they had. She only cared about the fame it gave her. She may love him, but it's nothing compared to how she loved the attention.

But sometimes he really believed there was something there. Could she love him?

Could he love her?

"Kat, I'm sorry. I don't mean to."

"Xavier. You do know I love you, right?"

Heat. Warmth.