Introduction

Dear reader,

After five months of steady writing and twenty-two chapters published so far, I thought I might put some kind of an introduction ahead of the actual story, for you to somewhat know what you're getting yourself into.

This story is about Magnus Chase and Alex Fierro, my favourite characters from the Riordanverse. I love them. I hope you do too. But even if you do not, as this is an AU without any magic, valhalla, gods, or anything like that, but just a story about two beautiful teens at Boston College trying to cope with their lives; you can read this even if you are not that much into the series or even the works of Riordan in general.

The story is pretty slow-paced, with much effort put into the thoughts and feelings of the two protagonists, much love given to how they perceive the world they live in, how they express themselves (literature, music and art take important places), eventually all they do and think is somehow part of a quest to find their place in the world and understand why they are there - to let go of their sombre pasts and embrace the life they really want to live. In this sense, there are general leitmotifs like hope, freedom, independance and art, that, intertwined and connected to the protagonists and their world, form the framework in which the presented events unfold.

There are also parts included whose general ideas you might want to call "fluff" or "angst", even though it is not quite what you should expect. The story takes a rather profound perspective, focusing on thougts rather than deeds, on sentiments rather than words, even though words are essential to the perpetual path towards expression. In that sense this is not the classical fanfiction, in many aspects it is not a fanfiction at all. Despite this, everything in here is centered around Magnus and Alex, their characters and their relation; it is and remains the primary topic.

Now, after everything you have read so far, I invite you to read my story! For there is much to be discovered ahead of you, and beauty and darkness are waiting to be unraveled by a curious reader, for the love of language, Magnus and Alex.

Much love and zest,

brokennokialion

postscriptum

Please do not be discouraged by the first few chapters. Regarding style as well as content, there is significant improvement in sight shortly after the début, and I promise to rework the first chapters quite soon. Adding to this, if there is ever anything you may find wanting in quality, please tell me so, no matter if through a comment or a direct message; I am also open for all kinds of propositions regarding the plot or certain characteristics of the setting. Do not hesitate to text me.

Now, the only thing left for me to do is this: to wish you much delight and enjoyment while reading this story!