Chapter 2

Avery's P.O.V

2 days have passed after that concert night, after I last saw Luke and my parents didn't told me anything about what they are about to say that night after the concert. My curiosity is getting the best of me. I really want to know, because I think it's so important. My cellphone suddenly vibrated and Sophia's caller ID is shown on the screen. I answered.

"Hey, can you go here? The guys and I are just watching some chick flicks." She started and I heard some people talking from a distance.

"No, Luke's gonna-"

"He's not here, just the others." She interrupted and my mood suddenly brightened.

"Yay, okay. I'll just go and change." I said ina cheerful tone.

I love hanging around with the other boys except Luke. They're kind of kind and respectful, unlike the blonde one.

"Mom, I'll just go to Sophia's, and hang around with some new friends." I smiled and she nodded, I grabbed a chip cookies from the cookie jar.

"New friends? What are their names?" She asked in a happy tone. "I'm glad you have new friends around here now." She added.

"Uhm, Sabrina, Ashton, Calum, Michael and...Luke." I said, visualizing if I should consider Luke as my friend.

"Luke, Hemmings?" Mom predicted and I nodded my head, sighing. "He's the son of your father's partner in business."

"Okay." I disclosed, not caring about the business. "I need to go, Mom. They're waiting." I cracked a smile before walking out.

Luke's P.O.V

"Is this really for real?" I said to my father as I look at the papers. I'm getting married. I don't if I should be happy or angry or anything this because first, I'll be breaking the promise.

That shouldn't matter, not as long as you don't fall in love with her. My mind prompted.

"Yes, to be the company come in one. We've been talking and discussing this for a while." My father started, grabbing the marriage files in my hand and then putting it again in his clear folder that he always brings.

"I reckon she wouldn't agree to this." I stated and he gave me a look. "I know her, she's avoiding me to be exact." I chuckled, remembering the night I first annoyed her.

"You know her?" He asked, emphasizing the 'you' word. "You already met? How?" He asked curiously.

"Her only friend in Sydney happens to be Sophia, so she brought her to the concert 3 days ago. We met. Plus, I knew her since last year. I saw her a few times on Skype. Sophia's been in touch with her since Sophia moved here." I explained and he nodded, holding his chin.

"That should suffice, then."

"What should suffice?" I asked pushing my hair back because it's almost covering my eyes, I still haven't took a bath or anything.

"You already know her and she already know you, you're not a total stranger to each other anymore." He said fixing his tie for the fourth time in my mirror on the back of my bed room door.

"I'm still sure she wouldn't agree to this. Plus, I don't want us to be married too." I muttered the last sentence that was a lie though. Half of me wants this and other half of me don't.

"I'm sure she would, who wouldn't want you?" My father chuckled, gesturing to me. "You look like a lot like your mom. She's beautiful. Your mom had so many suitors back in high school." He laughed. I rolled my eyes.