Tracker Jacker

Marigold's POV

I woke up to see I was still in the tree with Clove clinging onto me whilst still asleep . At least none of us fell .

I looked down at my leg to see that it had mostly healed and barely hurt anymore .

"Psst psst"

I looked up to see who was trying to get my attention only for my eyes to land on Rue who was in a tree nearby .

I leaned forward gesturing for her to continue which lead to her pointing to something above me .

I peered up to see none other than a tracker jacker nest which was hanging on a branch above the careers .

I nodded Rue's way before untangling myself from Clove and putting her in a position making sure she wouldn't fall then climbed to the tracker jacket nest .

I pulled out the knife which I pulled out from the boys body on the day of the bloodbath and began sawing at the branch with it .

I let out a quiet yelp as I got stung on my hand but nevertheless continued to saw at the wood .

The next thing I knew a tracker jacker came and stung my neck causing me to almost scream out in pain .

I held my neck whilst sawing once last time before the branch snapped of and landed on the careers and Peeta below .

I watched as they began screaming and swatting the tracker jackers in there attempt to run away which they all managed to do except for Glimmer .

Glimmer fell causing the tracker jackers to swarm over her and sting her to death .

Clove must've woken up because I could see her stood at the bottom of the tree waiting for me whilst I climbed down .

That was when the hallucinations began and my vision became blurry .

As I reached Glimmer's body I could only just make out how her once pretty face had become blotchy and bumpy and anything but pretty .

I grabbed the bow and arrows from her because even though it wouldn't be my first choice of weapon I'm still decent with it .

I saw three Clove's stood in front of me before they all merged into one as she began shaking me but that could've just been part of the hallucination .

"Marigold we have to get out of here . Now . Listen to me"
Clove shouted

I felt her grab hold of my hand and pull me in a direction causing me to follow or at least attempt to .

We came to a stop before I lost consciousness .