Chapter 1

I walk down the cracked sidewalk freezing cold. I'm going to have to go through this stuff in my backpack since it's starting to get heavy. I walk over to a tree in the park and sit down leaning against the tree trunk. I begin pulling stuff out of my backpack. Laptop, charger, Ipod charger, a few shirts, undergarments..., some yoga pants, a pair of jeans, black converse, 3 Marianas Trench Cd's (Fix Me, Masterpiece Theater, Masterpiece Theater Directors Cut), Coda and Jacket Cd, my wallet, makeup, a pair of hoop earrings, a hairbrush, and a toothbrush. That's all i grabbed when i ran away. I know it sounds like a lot to fit into a backpack but, if you put everything in the right spot it fits good. Plus you have to wear clothes so you don't have to put everything in there. Right now i have on my favorite sweatshirt a pair of jeans my high tops and a tank top underneath my sweatshirt. Of course i cant forget about my Ipod it's my way to get away from the world. I don't have anything i can get rid of so i begin stuffing it back in my black and white backpack.

After i finished doing that i walked over to starbucks. I plug my laptop in so i can charge my Ipod for a while. Also to warm up a little bit. I hear the bell jingle when someone walks in i dont pay any attention to it though. I feel somone tap me on the shoulder i turn quickly and see a familiar face, Jessie.

"Hope?" She asks confused. "You've been missing for almost a month." She says in disbelief.

I don't say anything i quickly grab my stuff and shove it into my backpack. I run out of Starbucks quickly. I don't want to be found and i don't need anyone to help me. At least not from the people i left back in my old life. I walk about 6 blocks away and finally sit down. I just cry since i don't know what else to do i've finally realized how broken my life is now.

I don't know how long i've been sitting here but, i come back to reality when i hear a familiar voice say, "Hey are you okay kid?"

I look up and see....Matt Webb? From Marianas Trench? No, I'm just seeing things.

"Oh, uh i guess." I say wiping underneath my eyes.

"It's really cold out here. You should probably get home." He says rubbing his hands together.

"I wish." I say under my breath.

"You have somewhere to go right?" He asks. I shake my head yes which is a complete lie.

"I can walk you there if you want, it's pretty dark out." He says.

"No thanks." I say quietly.

I get up grabbing my backpack. I go to walk away when i hear something fall on the ground. I look behind me and see half of my stuff on the ground. Luckily none of my ....undergarments... fell out that would have been embarrassing. I bend down and start getting my stuff. Matt bends down and helps me gather it.

"You don't have anywhere to go do you?" He says helping me shove my stuff into the raged dirty backpack.

"No." I breathe out. I can find the homeless shelter....

"Why'd you lie?" He asks.

"A big rock star like you don't need to be bothered with my issues." I say.

I should've probably finished my last year of school since when i talk i say stuff wrong. My friends used to point it out to me all the time. But, I'm going to be 19 next year anyway.

"I cant just let you stay out here and possibly die." He says.

"It's fine." I say standing up once again.

"No it's not. I know somewhere you can stay." He says.

"If you ain't gunna leave me alone i guess i'll go. But, for one night only." I say.

"Deal." Matt smiles. I follow him to his car with no words.

After the most awkward car ride ever we pull up to some nice apartment buildings. Matt gets out so, i do the same grabbing my backpack. I follow him silently into the building the warm air hits me and i can feel the blood rushing back to my hands. He walks over to an elevator. We walk inside and he presses the button for the fifth floor.

"What's your name?'' He asks me.

"Hope." I reply awkwardly. He nods in acknowledgement.

The elevator doors pop open after a few minutes of bad elevator music and awkward silence. He walks down the hallway until we reach apartment number 159. He knocks on the door. Wait, if this isn't his apartment then who's is it?! The door opens and reveals my biggest celebrity crush. Great, this will be wonderful, note my sarcasm.