Red Sky At Morning

Picture: Blithe, her ears are hidden under her hair by the way. 

I lay on my room’s floor, underneath Blithe’s sleeping body. Her tail smacks me in the face and I get fur in my mouth. I cough as she awakens, rolling off me with a small exhale of air. Her sapphire eyes flutter open and she stretches. A slight moan escapes her as her back pops. I laugh at this and she turns to me.

“Morning Novaya.” Blithe greets with a breathtaking smile.

“Morning Pup.” I say, smiling back at her.

“Let’s get some food.” She howls, hopping up and practically sprinting to the kitchen. 

I laugh again and follow my hybrid friend to her kitchen. She does a little twirl and opens her refrigerator. I smile and she smiles back, getting out the orange juice and she pours us each a glass. Blithe happily gulps hers down and I do so as well. I finish first and slam my cup down on the table with a victorious yip. 

“WOO HOO!” I scream, throwing my arms up in victory.

“DAMMIT!” Blithe whimpers and sits down her cup.

Her pale ears flatten against her head and her fluffy blonde tail droops behind her. I get up and wrap my arms around the small hybrid tightly. She whines and licks my neck. I giggle and happily scratch in between her ears. Blithe makes a little purring noise in the back of her throat.

“I need some blood, got any?” I ask as my stomach gurgles hungrily.

“Yeah. Just got some a few days ago.” She says and gestures towards the fridge.

I let go of her and use my inhuman speed to rush to the door of her refrigerator. With a smile I open it and grab the first packet that I could reach. I rip it open with my teeth and drink it greedily, moaning at the taste. Something deep down told me it was wrong. I shouldn’t be drinking this blood. I needed warm, spicy and fresh blood. Sam's blood was the best blood I had ever tasted. I craved it and nothing would extinguish the fire burning through my veins but Sam. 

“I need Sam.” I whine, dropping my blood to the floor, long past wanting it.

“I don’t know where he is…” Blithe says logically and I groan at her.

“UGH.” I yell, punching the fridge.

Pain shoots up my arm and I laugh at it. I flick my tangerine hair out of my eyes and smile sadistically. I’m in the mood for a hunt. Glancing over to Blithe she smiles as well, knowing what I wanted. We zip out her front door and I hiss at the sunlight.

“Sun glasses please.” I say and my best friend hands them to me quickly.

“Thanks.” I mumble, putting them on swiftly.

“No problem.” She shrugs.

I pick her up and sling her over my shoulders, up onto my back. Headphones are placed in my ears and I hit play on my iPod, the one I keep in my brassiere pocket. I hit play on it and Damage by Fit For Rivals starts to play in my ears.

You don't know anything

You don't know anything about me 

I smirk and start running. My hair flying back from my speed. I knew I was a blur of color. Blithe’s tail was flapping in the breeze as I run. Everything around me was in slow motion as I ran. Laughter fell from our lips and rang loudly through the air.

Once it starts, it never stops

Discipline, it's all I'm not

Can't help myself, you listening?

Why can't I say just what I want?

I am hit with Sam’s scent as I smack into his chest, right in the middle of a parking lot. We all three fall down and I land on Sam’s chest. Straddling his hips awkwardly. He groans out my name and my breath hitches. Sam’s hips buck upwards and I am kissing him forcefully hello. For some reason I didn’t remember why I had left.

The kiss gets heated pretty quickly. I slide my tongue into his mouth stealthily. He moans, digging his nails into my hips. I begin exploring my territory with my tongue, happily humming and closing my eyes. My hands find his hair and pull him closer. His hands caress my sides, running up and down the toned muscles.

“Novaya?” Blithe’s voice asks softly, attempting to pull me away from Sam.

I turn with a hiss and flick my eyes to red. She immediately backs down, allowing me to cuddle up to my mate. His strong arms wrap around me and I breathe in his scent. A small whimper escapes me as he begins to play with my spine. My fangs extend slightly and I drag them over my mate mark. I bite down gently, allowing myself to taste his blood. 

I suddenly feel a burning sensation. With a choked gasp I let go of Sam and fall to the pavement. Standing over me were five figures. I couldn’t recognize them. Their scents were all jumbled up and I could smell Sam, blood and fox pheromones. The fifth of the figures falls down beside me. I saw stars above me.

All I could feel was a burning sensation. I could hear what sounded to be an argument. Darkness was surrounding me and I could see a pinhole of light above me. My fingers gripped on tightly to it, trying to make it larger. I grit my teeth, wanting to see. 

“Gabriel you asshole! Wake her up!” A panicked and husky male’s voice says angrily.

“But Samsquatch she was trying to turn you into one of her kind!” Another male voice, this one sounded older but less mature, argues.

“What about the wolf? She did nothing to you!” A gravely and angelic voice snaps.

“Cas, stay out of this.” A female voice says as I start to see spots.

“Collette you need to shush.” The gravely angelic voice replies bitterly.

“My mate is on the ground out cold. I will not shush!” The female retorts sourly and a slight hiss that burnt my throat to make escapes me.

“I think that the vampire is still awake, she hissed.” The second voice mutters unsurely.

“Really? Nova! Are you okay?” The first male voice demands, and I feel familiar hands on my shoulders, shaking me gently.

It was then that pinhole of light I had been gripping so tightly onto disappeared. I felt like I was falling, falling. Finally I fell into the darkness with a silent scream. Nobody seemed to hear my screams as I felt the burning wrack through my body. It wasn’t the delightful burning Sam gave me. It felt like I had been doused in Dead Man’s Blood.