Chapter 12.

"I'd love to watch the sunset from here, I bet it'd be stunning." I smile, trying to encourage his thoughtful idea.

"It's only three, we won't still be here at sunset anyway. Its not for another four hours." he shuts it down completely.

"Oh, okay." I look away, I don't know what to say and I feel silly for getting excited about it.

I hear Mason sigh as he looks over at me.

"Or we could.. get some food or something and pass the time before the sunset?"

I try to hide my smile as I look at him rubbing his neck awkwardly. "Sure." I turn my attention back to the small pond.

"Can we feed the ducks?" I chirp.

"Feed the ducks?" Mason chuckles.

"Yeah, I want to feed the ducks." I shrug my shoulders and wait for his catty remark.

"I haven't fed the ducks since I was like ten." he rolls his eyes. There it is.

"Well, you're about to because I want to feed the ducks." I stand to my feet.

"Bossy." he smirks at me.

"Shut up, let's get some bread and feed them." I instruct him.

"Not bread."

"What?"

"You aren't supposed to feed ducks bread, its bad for them. It's a common misconception. You should feed them oats, or birdseed, or even popcorn kernels." he tells me.

"Oh." is all I can seem to say. How the hell does he know that? He just rhymed that off like it was nothing.

"Who knew you were so passionate about ducks. You're a duck fanatic" I mutter, then mentally slap myself. What? Why the hell did I say that? It sounded a lot less stupid in my head.

Mason chuckles at me and shakes his head.

"That was the worst insult I've ever heard in my life, Amara."

"It wasn't an insult, it was... I don't know what it was." I admit and feel my cheeks flush a little.

"Entertaining. That's what it was." he teases.

"Shut up, let's go get some seeds or whatever the damn ducks eat." I sulk like a chid.

"Maybe we should feed you first you seem pretty moody." he shrugs and I know he's teasing me, again.

"I'm not moody." I say as I pluck another flower from the ground.

"The plant killer strikes again.." he shakes his head sarcastically.

"I hate you."

"Sure you do." he says with his infamous grin plastered on his face.

"You do know we need to climb back over that fence to get food?" he chuckles.

"Fuck."

It took around 15 minutes for both Mason and I to get back over the fence, and around 14 of those minutes were taken up by me. Which Mason just couldn't wait to tease me about as we tried to find somewhere to eat. We decided on going back to the burger place since Mason insists he knows the best burger in the world. I hope Jacob isn't working. Not because I have anything against him anymore, the past few weeks he has regularly attended anger management and really seems to be bettering himself. But Mason has a big mouth and I know he wont hesitate to run it.

As we get there I can't seem to see Jake, he obviously isn't working, to which Mason had a bitchy comment for of course.

"Take a seat and I'll order the burgers." Mason offers after arguing that I wanted to pay, and losing. I sit at the same table I did last time, only now I'm not desperately trying to avoid him. Mason joins me at the table as we wait for our order.