SUMMER FLING - b. hargrove

TRIGGERS : sexual scenes and or mentions of sex (smut? not really just making out), swearing, drinking, smoking and just lil bit mature so if want to keep your innocence don't continue lol. hope you enjoy the imagine guys.

. . . . .

SUMMER FLING

. . . . .

IT WAS THE SUMMER OF 1985, big blonde hair was in and straight flat hair was out. not that y/n particularly cared for the trends, but it was hard not to observe the new trends on mtv, or maybe it was just because she just simply liked to observe the people of hawkins.

hawkins pool was a common setting for most of the teen girls or mothers of the population of hawkins, which y/n didn't particularly understand because from she had remembered the summers before they had complained about chlorine ruining their hair. y/n hadn't partaken in the activity much, she had preferred a field to day dream in or starcourt mall cinema to lounge in, or even scoops ahoy where she would annoy steve harrington and help robin with her data on steve's flirting skills.

but when her friends said she simply must go, she complied and put on her bright neon blue bikini and rode down to the pool. she found it hard to say no to them because she hadn't seem them much her first week, she had been grounded for coming back an hour past curfew.

as she rode down the down town area of hawkins she took notice of joyce and hopper in the retail clerk holding hands, she shook her head with a smile and continued her ride. the town was full of secrets and she had known most of them but not told many. it wasn't her place to, and it wasn't their fault she had nothing better to do than observe their real house wives secrets they held close. she pulled up to the pool carelessly throwing her bike towards the rack and quickly stood it up properly. she readjusted her backpack that was filled to the brim with cheap snacks from the local supermarket, a mystery novel, towel and sunscreen. it was heavy but her merry poppins bag of endless things was always useful.

she smiled at the lady behind the counter showing her pool pass and strutted into the pool, her friends waved and she laughed at there excited expressions walking over. she slid her big star wars shirt off and pulled her jean shorts off as well chucking them next to her bag. she stretched and giggled at something her friend had said about something that probably wasn't that funny. she sat on her towel pulling her dirty white sneakers off and slipping her socks off as well. she began to talk to her friend katie, who was gushing over some hot life guard.

"so is that why you always come to the pool now?" she rolled her eyes at her boy obsessed friend.

she shrugged with a smirk, "maybe." y/n scoffed shaking her head whipping her with a towel playfully.

"i've been going to movies by myself just so you could stare at some hot guy? some friend you are." she joked nudging her friend slapping some sunscreen of her arms and legs. she stood up and looked at her other friends who were basking in the sun like lizards in the winter.

"i don't know about you but i'm going for a swim." before she could jump into the heavily chlorinated water she was stopped by katie yanking her arm pulling her back.

"wait he's about to come out, you have to wait for the show!" she whisper shouted. y/n rolled her eyes complying once again and sat on her seat putting sunglasses on her eyes the world now tinted a green shade. she pulled her book out turning to the dog eared page and began to devour the words. she now almost forgot she was even at the pool until she had a harsh smack to her face. she looked at katie about to hit her back until she saw him.