Chapter 10

As soon as I left Magic class, I raced to my dorm with Lucas on my tail behind me. When I reached the door handle, my hand shivered and trembled. His hands went to my hips and stopped me and slowly pulled me to him. My heart thumped out of my chest as I turned around to face him.

"Ellie," he whispered softly. "What's wrong?"

I pressed myself closer, limiting the space between us. "I have to take a nap. The energies of the ghosts are just tiring me and wearing me down. " I told him sleepily. My eyes started to close slowly and my legs came after. The tiredness came in a huge wave.

He wrapped his arms around me and picked me up, opening my dorm room then setting my down on my bed. A kiss settled on my lips softly and a hand laced with mine.

He was worried, scared on how to handle this. There was no way out of this.

"Go to sleep, Ellie." He whispered soothingly before exhaustion took over me.

*********
I woke up with a jolt around 11:55pm. Across from me, Lucas fell asleep in the chair next to my bed. This had to be my chance. It was calling me more stronger.

I got out of bed, and tip toed to my door before snooping around in the hallway silently. Even know I hardly knew my way, I followed my gut instinct that brought me out to the darkness of the night sky with the moon that hung up high above the trees. Distantly, I heard the crushing waves and running water.

"Ellie." A voice whispered in my ear, but when I looked around me, no one was around me. "Ellie." It called again.

Something pushed me forward to the waterfall's edge, I could see my reflection radiate from the moon high above. Slowly, I reached for the waters something wrapped around me hand. A slave bracelet now sat between my middle finger and my wrist with a gem in between. I gasped, the power seized inside of me. Every atom whirled out of control in my body.

A figure appeared from the water, reflecting onto the surface behind me. In an instant, Allory was face to face with me, her clear eyes forcing into mine.

"The Chosen One?" A voice rang behind me. The person stepped closer, observing my body next to the water of souls. Brown hair appeared and her eyes the same. She stayed silent, not knowing what else to say or do.

"The Chosen One." A haunting voice mimicked in my ear playfully. At this point, my blood froze in my veins. I shivered with the coolness of her voice. I shivered and looked up.

"Ellie Franklin?"

I went onto my elbows, lifting my body up from the weak chains that held me. I blinked.

"Who are you?"

She came closer and knelt by me. "Isabel Stewart."

The world seem to stop and then start again with in a matter of moments.

"What?" I whispered into the feigning darkness before it captured me all at once.
*********
"Isabel, you're alive!?" A voice shocked said. "And where's Ellie? I meant to check on her in the middle of the night but her door was wide open."

Lucas.

"I found her near the waterfall. She was talking to someone, not me. " Isabel told him frantically. "I've been hiding, Lucas. "

"From what?" He asked.

"I can't tell you now. We have get Ellie. Something was calling me back here after I fled. "

"You owe me an explanation."

She sighed. "I know Lucas. I will."

"Where would she be?" He asked her, his voice coming closer. "Wait, here she is!" Warmth immeadily engulfed my body and the relief of Lucas felt so much better.