Chapter 2 (2nd sneak peek!)

Isabel Stewart, I thought as I made my way back stairs, stunned by my outcome of ghosts and Mina and Ted.

Sam bumped into to me in the kitchen, a confused look on her face. She must have been following me or...she listened.

Both sounded like bad and in the event of all, it sounded worse. Sam couldn't figure out the secret that I still had kept. I'd be called crazy.

"Why were you downstairs?" She scolded, eyeing me.

"I was looking for the thanksgiving stuff for mom."

She seem to take the lie but quickly frowned. "Mom and Dr. Kevin went out. She said that you can't go to Lucas' ethier."

I raised a brow, curious to what made mom actually say that without it sounding destroyed and limited. "Well, I figured as much." Dr. Kevin, I yelled at in my head.

"What's for dinner?" I asked her, as she flicked her sleek, black hair behind her ear. She gave a smile to me.

"We could go to Lucas'?" She asked, hope filling her in voice.

I grinned. "You want dinner with my boyfriend and his father?"

She nodded, and somehow I didn't think it was a bad idea. "And with my sister!" She side stepped and hugged me before motioning me to the door. It was obvious that she was quite hungry.

"Alright." I got the house key and locked the house before walking with Sam to see Lucas.

I knocked hesitantly, before watching as the door opened. It was Gavin, Lucas's father who greeted us and invited us into the house; but I was pulled aside by Gavin.

"Why is a human here? What if you suddenly get violent and start killing everyone?!" He said frustrated by my actions. My eyes followed Sam, searching all over the house; looking at the wondrous furniture and requisite designs. To me, this was harmless.

Lucas came down the stairs, and smiled; wrapping his arms around me. Gavin gave him a strict looking, repeating what he had said moments ago to me. Suprusing, he didn't seem to mind. Sam was his friend, just as mine.

"It's ok, dad. She may be just human but what if the Inferno just decides to waltz in here?" Gavin shot me a glare, before sighing.

"Now you see, son." He looked back at Sam, observing a painting of a dark red moon that hung over the fireplace. "She can be over here once, and I don't want her back again. Is that clear?"

"Crystal." I answered, before I tugged Lucas' hand to go meet up with Sam. Her eyes curiously casted over the painting. A half moon shone over the landscape. I even tilted my head, seeing why it seemed to pull me in...

"Ellie?" Lucas asked, shaking my hand. It jolted me back to reality, as Sam gave me a strange look. "Are you ok?" What he meant was; Is your Demon inside of you acting up?

I shook my head, retreating to the bathroom. "Ill be right back. Stay with Sam." I told him abruptly. I closed the door behind me as I entered the bathroom. It had been the same as before. My shaking hand turned the handle of the sink and cool water came out of the faucet. I splashed it feverishly on my face before wiping it with a clean hand towel in the closet nearby. When I moved the towel down to eye level, I froze staring into my demonic black eyes. It haunted me to look at them. Two black coal eyes.

My anxiety shot up like a thermometer in the summer. The black eyes symbolized the hell-raisers while the gold and silver were the good. I blinked, as I set the towel down finding different eyes looking towards me.

One eye was gold, one eye was silver, with a coppery brown around the irises. I gaped with the color and sight, hoping that this was all a nightmare.My heart pounded with the silence that melted over me. With another blink, my eyes changed once more. The mirror self that I looked at had silver/copper/ gold and then one eye black as night. I was shocked and surprised, that it could even occur. It was like a strange astronomical event. I shuddered, unable to comprehend what I looked like.