The Haze Collections: Blue Flames

The Haze Collection: Blue Flames

Copyright © 2012 Christine Summer

All Rights Reserved ® 2012

Prologue

“Tell me you’re lying!” he pleaded and anger was overwhelmed on his beautiful face. I stared outside the window as the clouds casts a shadow over the full moon. The forest was quiet and all that could be heard was my heart beating frantically, dreading for this moment.

“No, I’m not.” I answered not more than a whisper. The curtains flap with evening breeze, caressing my feverish face.

“No, you are.” He said firmly stalking towards me in his fast steps. “Tell me that you don’t want to see me again while staring at my eyes.” he said hurriedly, his face flushed with anger. Oh how I wished I could get that frown off his face. He doesn’t deserve this…I don’t deserve him.

I stared up at his grayish blue eyes, willing myself to act cold, hoping that my eyes won’t give away any emotion.

 His face, I’ll always remember… How he would smile while saying my name…How he feels in our embrace…but I have to let go all of the feelings…just so I could save him from his doom.

“I don’t want to see you again. I don’t love you, I never have. Forget about me.” I answered, my voice not breaking. My hands fisted as I restrained myself from wiping the tears that have flowed from his mesmerizing eyes. Please, hate me and go…I pleaded in my heart.

In a split second he was gone…in my life.

The strong wind crashed in my window shattering the glass. He has gone and he was mad at me. No, he hates me. It’s all for the best.

Tears freely escaped my eyes that I have been keeping all through it. Yes, this is what I should’ve done in the first place. It hurts so much but not anymore…

“Excellent.” A gruff voice breathed on my nape as I stared down at the shards of glass on the floor underneath my bare feet.

I swallowed hard and willed myself to answer. “Yes. You will do what I ask you to, right?” I asked.

He chuckled and started inspecting my arm that has been cut on the glass. Blood oozed out of the wound; he licked the blood and I instantly swerved my sight towards the wall.

“Please.” I pleaded.

He slurped and started for the wall and stared at nothing in particular. “Well…you kept your end of the bargain…I wonder if I would.”

I gripped the bed posts for support and glared at his back. “What do you mean?”

I did what he asked me to! Anger suddenly overwhelmed me and suddenly, I got the strength to attack him.

He caught me immediately and we stumbled towards the table where the lamp was located. It stumbled down the curtains and mattresses creating fire.

His eyes grew wide at the sight of flames and he pushed me forward the bed. He tried getting off but I held onto him though he is stronger than me. I held a dagger I hid underneath my bed and stabbed him all that I can.

“Get off me!” he snarled.

The fire caught the cloth of his sleeves. He started shouting frantically. He hurled me to the wall. My head bumped into the brick wall and all I could feel was the excruciating pain. It hurts.

But no, it doesn’t measure up to the pain I have caused him. He will never forgive me but at least he will be safe…from this monster.

I saw fire engulfed everything around me, red and orange colors are everywhere.

“Forgive me…” I whispered. “Goodbye, I love you Aidan.” I smiled as I was, too, burned.

It’s burning…each and every thing was consumed in flames.