Chapter 3

Outfit of the chapter!

[Jamie]

I woke up to a door slamming and I open my blurry eyes and see my surrounds. I'm in Nora's room in her bed, but the question is why? I slide the weightless body off my bare chest. I stand up and stretch out my body with a long quiet yawn. I pick up my clothes and put them on, and I look at the time it's 5:30 am. I put my foot in my black leather boots and tie them up. There's no way in hell I came here willing to be with this witch. Nora thinks she's above me and looks at me with pity and it pisses me off. I have to admit she was a good looking bird for 19.

I honestly thought she was younger but her curves told me otherwise. I pick a pack of ciggs out of my pocket and light one, and I open her window to let the breeze in her room. I hear her shudder she might wake up soon, so I had to make my exit now or never. I think it's best of I don't talk to her for awhile.

"Nora?", I her a woman chirp loudly and I jump out of the window onto the large branch. I climb down the tree landing on the ground, and I walk to my motorcycle and start up the loud engine and jet away from Nora.

[Nora]

"Nora, I'm coming in", My mother says pushing the door open. I still have my eyes closed feeling for the warmth I had last night.

"Honey?", She says sitting on my bed and I sit up on my forearms. I that a deep breath and the stench of nasty cigarettes. I know for a fact she smelled it too because her nose was scrunched up.

"Yes", I say rubbing my eyes and looking towards my open window. My eyes shot open and I bite my lip looking down.

"Were you smoking a ciggy?", She says furrowing her waxed eyebrows and I look away.

"No I wasn't", I say truthfully because it was that damn Jamie.

"Then who?", She probes me with questioning eyes.

"No one nor myself was smoking a ciggy", I say pulling my knees to my chest and resting my head on it.

"I better get ready to leave here early to help with extra work", I say stepping into the lukewarm carpet that wasn't very plush.

"Alright then", She says sighing and lifting her hands in defeat. I look for my phone finding it on the bedside table. I pick it up and unlock it looking through my contacts stopping at Jamie's. I press the call button with a thumping heart. After millions of endless rings I'm finally connected to his voicemail. I bite my lip holding back my tears not wanting to cry over a stupid boy. Last night he drunkly cuddled with me, you'd think he'd stay or tell me he was leaving a note even!

"Why am getting all tied up over a stupid boy", I whisper yell at myself and walk into my bathroom. I run the water, and wash myself from his musky scent that lathers my body. I finally rid myself of it, step out of the shower. I dry, fix, and dress myself within thirty minutes. I decide that it's best that I go the library early today. I pack my bag and walk downstairs into the kitchen making my lunch for today.

"Nora", My mother says smiling softly.

"Yes ma'am", I reply putting my sandwich in my lunch box.

"Jacob Swanson sent you a letter", She says handing me the wore small envelope.

"Thanks", I say stuffing it in my bag.

"Welcome", She says with a distance look.

"What's going on?", I say knitting my eyebrows together.

"Umm... Nora we'll talk about it later", She says walking quickly out of the kitchen. I shrug zipping up my lunch box putting it into my bag. I walk to the door and opening it up to see a little box on the ground. I pick it up and examining the small blue box. I open the box to reveal a sliver diamond incrusted ring. I take the ring out of it's box and read the engraved words.

Promise to love you always and forever -J

I put the ring back into it's box, and stuff it in my backpack with a pounding heart. Jacob just gave me a promise ring confessing his love for me. I don't know what to do not say about this little present. I walk to the library with a fuzzy mind and unaware. I walk into the library and straight to the front desk. I sit my tan leather bag down on the desk top, and I login into the library computer.

"Nora nice of you to join us dear", Mrs.Lodge says crossing her arms around her chest.

"Sorry about that Mrs.Lodge, you won't be seeing him in here again", I say to her with an uneasy smile.

"I hope so, Nora be careful around guys like him", She says with concern written all in the fine lines of her beautiful face.

"I will, I promise", I say giving her my word. I work over my break until close to closing time giving myself a break. I sit at the front desk opening my lunch box finishing my food I picked at in between little free times. I decide to read the unopened letter I got from Jacob.

Dear Nora,

Hello love sorry I stopped writing, I got released to a base so, I'm visiting home for a month or so. I bought you a promise ring because someday I would like for you to become my wife. You're so smart and beautiful Nora, I would be stupid if I let you go. I send to you all my love I hope and wish you love it and wear it. Also I hope your love for me hasn't faded away. Nora I was your first for everything, but you were my first love. You were young too young, but we still made it work. I hope we still have that fire from the past.

Love always, Jacob

I feel the tears took down my cheek, and I giggle from joy sliding the ring on. I hold back my hand and look at the ring from afar. I look at the clock and see that it's 10 o'clock. I pack my things up and log out of the front desk computer. I walk down the long path between the two sides of the bookshelves right in the middle. I pull the door back and grab my phone to dial up a cab. I have no luck with connecting with anyone, and I sigh out in frustration. A black car pulls up in front of me and I hold on to my bag tightly. The window slowly rolls down and my heart beat quickens. The black tinted window reveals an older version of Jamie.

"Are you Nora?", The deep voice rings making me freeze up.

"Y-yes", I say holding on to my bag tighter.

"Get in", He barks out making me jump to the order.

___________________________________

Vote & comment!

Unedited..