Chapter 3: The Knight Bus

Harry led the way down the street, still shaking in anger. Briana followed from behind, hauling her trunk behind her as Callie was perched under her arm.

Harry finally stopped a few streets down and sat down on the side of the street. Briana sat next to him and shoved her trunk aside. The two of them sat in silence for a while.

"You think they'll expel me?" Harry asked after a while.

Briana didn't want to speak her real thoughts. Harry had broken the Degree of Underage Sorcery big time. Would the Ministry strip Harry of being a wizard? Briana couldn't imagine Hogwarts without him.

"Nah," Briana finally said, "Blowing up your aunt isn't that big of a deal, is it?"

Harry forced a laugh, "Yeah,"

Briana sighed, "Always thought it would be me that would unhinge."

Silence once again followed. Briana continued to glance up and down the deserted street.

"Harry, what are we going to do?" Briana whispered.

Harry shook his head, "Ron and Hermione are in different countries right now."

"We could contact Ashley," Briana told him, "But we'd have to wait for Hedwig to come back in order to contact her."

Harry smiled over at me, "We could fly there."

"Not sure if that would be the smartest thing," Briana muttered, "You're probably already in trouble."

Harry stood up, suddenly. Briana watched him, "What?"

"Do you see that?" Harry whispered.

Briana stood up next to him, "I don't see anything."

"Right there," Harry pointed towards a small patch of grass, "Theirs some big black dog. Here."

Harry pulled his wand out, "Lumos." the end of the wand lit up. He raised it forward.

Before Briana could get a full look at it, she felt herself being pushed back. Harry fell down next to her as she tripped over her trunk and fell on her back.

Their was a loud BANG.

A huge three decker bus stopped in front of them right where they had been. It was a purple and in golden letters it read, The Knight Bus.

A conductor stepped out of the bus, "Welcome to the Knight Bus, emergency transport for stranded witch or wizard. Just stick out your wand hand, step on board and we can take you anywhere you want to go. I am Stan Shunpike and I will be your conductor this evening."

The conductor looked down at the two, "What are you doing down there."

Briana quickly stood to her feet. Harry scrambled up as well, "We didn't do it on purpose," Harry said, "We fell over."

"Choo fall over for?" Stan snickered.

Harry stepped to the side and looked past the bus.

Stan followed his gaze, "What choo looking at?"

"Their was something.... a black dog," Harry said.

Briana quickly changed the subject so Harry wouldn't look like a total idiot, "So, this bus will take us anywhere?"

Stan was about to answer, but he stopped dead. His eyes traveled up to her forehead, "Woss that on your forehead?"

Briana was aware of Harry covered his bangs over his scar. Sadly, Briana couldn't do that, "It's nothing."