𝘷𝘪𝘪. 𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘱𝘺

the door closed behind me with a thud. it was four solid feet of titanium, practically unbreakable. the room looked a little too like an insane asylum for my taste. i get this guy was a dick, but is this really how we treat prisoners?

the walls were padded with white, and so was the floor. they reminded me of soft pillows, but they were covering every inch of the room. no wonder people weren't rehabilitated in places like these. if anything, staying in this minimalistic hellhole all day would make you insane. i noticed security cameras in all four corners of the room, probably recording visuals but not sound. (as per stark's usual design.)

bright, luminescent lights kept the room lit. they were blinding, of course, as pertaining to the theme. in the center of the room, my eyes settled on the man occupying.

he was chained to a chair, and his head hung low. dark brown hair covered his face, and flowed over his thick shoulders. and when i tell you those shoulders were thick i mean, damn. what did they feed this guy as a child? he looked like he could snap my neck like i was a fly. i'm pretty kinky, but i'd prefer not to be strangled by a crazed god.

i could tell he was aware of my presence. the way his hands were gripping the chair arms gave him away, even if the rest of him looked calm.

"ravana."

he raised his head, and i took a step back. i'd never seen such intense eyes before. i felt like if i stared into them for too long, he'd pick me apart slowly until there was nothing left. his eyes asked me a million questions, they looked right through me, straight to my soul. there was power, and absolutely no trace of fear.

"hello, y/n," he drawled, pulling out each syllable of my name was a form of sickly sweet honey.

"you know who i am," i said. a tinge of confusion showed through the stoic demeanor i was trying to hold up, "that's creepy."

at my comment, he flicked his hand. a puff of black smoke erupted from his chains, and then they were gone.

oh, shit.

i took a step back in caution. was thor seeing this? i knew there were security cameras, so he could potentially rescue me if needed. i wasn't about to be a damsel in distress, but still. this guy was dangerous, deadly. i saw what he did to nat— what he almost did to me.

"is it creepy?" he said, echoing my earlier words with a smirk.

"or is it creepy that i know you were once a very successful murderer? that you ran away from your home without taking a glance back at who you abandoned? that you joined shield, then the avengers, because you wanted to bring justice to the world— to make up for the blood you spilled? that you just ended up being scared of the others finding out that you were a killer?"

his voice rose louder with each of my crushing secrets, until he was shouting at me. how the hell did he know all of this about me? even the avengers, my own fucking family, weren't aware of all the piping bullshit he was spewing. but it wasn't bullshit. every part of it was true. i slammed my hands against my ears— trying to block out the sound of his voice. it did nothing.

"stop it!" i screamed, my voice hoarse and filled with desperation. i slumped against a padded wall, and to the cushy floor. i pulled my legs up to my chest, as i buried my head in them. two fingers rushed to my neck. my pulse was too fast. 

no one was supposed to know that. that version of me was dead. it wasn't me anymore. it couldn't be.

my tone changed to a whisper as I spoke again, desperate to defend myself, "that's all in my past. it's— that's not me anymore."

ravana walked up to me, casting a cold shadow over my shaking form. he grabbed my chin with two fingers and pulled my head upwards, forcing me to look into his eyes. he smirked at me, amused at my obvious terror. this wasn't fair. this wasn't supposed to happen.

"is it creepy that i know you've fallen for the god who lives among you?"

thor. he was talking about thor. oh, fuck no. he could talk shit about me all he wanted, but brining my friends into this was out of line. i might have been a completely fucked up person, but not them.

"you don't know me," i said, steeling my voice.

i kneed him where the sun doesn't shine. he stumbled backwards and glared at me. his teeth were bared ever so slightly, making him look more like a rabid dog than a god as he said, "you're spunky. most mortals practically melt in my hands when i get near them."

"yeah? well, i'm not exactly 'most mortals.' and another thing: you tell a single soul about what you think you know about me, and i will end you."

i glared back at him, while a smile crept across my face. there were no mirrors in the cell, but i could feel the venom in my words and the poison in my expression without the need of a reflection.

"and trust me, i can think of many very painful ways to make that happen."

with my threat properly given, i punched the code into the keypad by the door. it opened to thor waiting on the other side, leaving behind ravana to stare at my retreating figure. i couldn't see his face, but by his silence i would have bet anything that he was shocked.

apparently he's not used to being talked to like that.

thor quickly re-activated the lock on the door. once it was safely closed and inescapable, he looked to me.

"how did it go? i thought i heard yelling," he asked, seeming mildly concerned. his brows knit together and his hands were clenched tightly.

should i tell him the truth? no. how would i even say that shit?

"oh, i just went in there to see that he escaped from his bonds with a puff of smoke, then called out all my dark secrets, and i threatened him after he said that i'd fallen in love with you. but, yeah, i'd say it went okay."

"it went fine," i lied through my teeth.

"really? what was the yelling then?" he was pushing it.

lie, y/n. come on, think of something!

i smiled, "oh, just ravana. he's not very happy about being held prisoner. i don't speak much hindi, but i'm pretty sure he wasn't complimenting us. sounded something like, 'आप एवेंजर्स- मैं आप सभी को नष्ट कर दूंगा!' "

thor blinked. "i have allspeak, but it sounds like you know a little more than much, y/n."

"i learned plenty of languages when i still worked for the lower rankings of shield," i answered. we laughed, though mine was slightly strained, and began to walk back to the main area. please let him buy this.

.

A/N:

that hindi meant "you avengers— i will destroy you all!" at least, that's what it should say. i don't speak the language, and just used google translate for a lil attempted authenticity

hope you enjoyed this chapter! :)