•14•

•14•
===========
Chapter Playlist
============

~Alone Together-Fall Out Boy

~Nine in the Afternoon-Panic! At The Disco

~Walls-All Time Low

~First Date-blink-182

"do you like it?"

It had been at least a week since I found out Zim had been experimenting on Dib. A week since Dib and I were attacked by that gang. A week since Zim saved our lives.

I haven't spoken to Zim since and vice versa. He just gave me my list of chores, and we had  eaten together.

I have no idea why I'm not speaking to Zim. Yes, I really don't have anything to say to him but I've been debating about asking him why he went out of his way to save me and Dib.

Zim and I do sometimes catch glances at each other. He would often give me a look of regret and his cheeks would turn soft, light blue. 

The looks I would give him would range from, sympathy, to anger. There was a part of me that really wanted to give the alien a second chance. I kind of wanted to bond with him. The time that we really had a conversation was nice. I did enjoy talking with him. On the other hand, Zim is an alien monster who tortured Dib.

I was finishing up my sweeping on the first floor. "(Y/N)!" I heard. I turn around and notice Zim walking out of the kitchen in his human disguise — black wig and contact lenses. He made his way over to the sickly coloured couch and motioned me to follow, so I did.

"Yes mast-" "Zim," he cut me off. "Just call me Zim" he stated as he sat down on the couch. I didn't understand the change, but I shrugged it off.

Zim took a deep breath. "(Y/N), I want to let you know that I am deeply sorry that I hurt you. I understand that your time with me has not been the best, but I want to make you feel comfortable" Zim acknowledged. This intrigued me. Zim was sorry? "The truth is, I meant what I said. I want to get to know you" Zim chuckled. "It's not everyday you meet a race from another planet."

I was conflicted. I did want to get to know Zim as well, just to see if he was that bad of a person. But, he's right. I have had the worst experience of my life at Zim's house, and Zim is the reason for it. Zim does seem different though. He did save mine and Dib's lives, and he apologized for everything. Maybe a second chance never hurt anyone.

"Zim," I took a deep breath. "I am not going to forgive and forget everything you did so easily. You have treated me awfully since I've been here" Zim's eyes began to fall in disappointment. "But, I'm willing to give you a second chance." The alien's face lit up with excitement. "After all, you saved the life of me and my best friend. Also, it's not everyday you meet an alien" I grin. "So, you wouldn't mind being Zim's friend and getting to know him?" he asked, gesturing to himself. I nod. "Just please promise me that you'll never hurt Dib or Papa" I plead, holding my hand out. Zim stares at my hand. "What?" he questions. "You shake my hand when you've agreed to our deal" I reply. Zim takes my hand and shakes it. "Deal" he declares. We exchange a satisfying smirk.