Pretty Little Petal (Dragon! Russia x Reader)

Requested by https://www.quotev.com/Winterfur (Quotev)
——————————————————————————————————

Wandering... wandering and wandering. She had been walking for almost an hour now—through a barren, lifeless forest. The trees were thick and tall, with not a single leaf decorating their branches, green or otherwise. The forest floor was blanketed in dirt and a mush of wilted leaves and twirling sticks. It was all brown and dampened—except for the singular trail of chamomile flowers leading her to who knows where. When she had awoken, she was adorned in embroidered garb with bare feet in the dead woods. 

The lack of colour around her causing fear to grip her before her eyes landed upon a single chamomile flower just a few feet away

The lack of colour around her causing fear to grip her before her eyes landed upon a single chamomile flower just a few feet away. And behind it, another. And behind that one, another one. And so on and so forth. A trail. So from then on, she followed it. The trail wasn't abundant, there only being a flower every few metres or so, however, the closer she got to wherever she was going, she noticed that the flowers began to bundle closer each time.

The flowers' vibrancy brightened, and soon enough, she spotted a break through the half dead trees. She sped up, having more of a skip in her step despite the soreness of her naked feet. The cracked yet mushy soil turned into fresh fertile dirt that was carpeted by lively green grass. When she finally made it to the break in the woods, she gasped at the sight ahead of her.

Coated in various greens was a large field decorated with flowers of all sorts, but its main feature: sunflowers.

Gorgeous, tall, bright sunflowers that towered over everything but the few large oaks scattered within the plain. (Y/N) eyes fluttered at the sight, it was absolutely beautiful. She couldn't help but gape at the scenery, only snapping out of her awe at the sound of a tweet by her right ear. Spinning around, she's forced to duck with a squeak as a little robin swoops at her, twittering all the whilst. It payed no mind to her surprise as it continued on playing with its family that followed it closely behind.

A giddy feeling built up inside of her, and she raced into the field. She let out a breathy laugh--small, at first--before her volume grew and she twirled in place, giggling amidst the flowers and the birds that flutter above.

For the next few hours, she played and played and played; running amuck the field and even catching bugs, she felt free and innocent and happy again. She ignoed the nagging voice at the back of her mind, telling her that it was wrong to have such fun, that mother would scold her for getting dirty, and that it was all too good to be true. But she payed no mind to it, running and laughing to her heart's content until she was too tired to anymore. It was only early afternoon when her exhaustion hit, the sun's rays turned gold--the golden hour. She yawned softly, stretching her arms above her head as she approached one of the large trees that gave a cool shade. This tree in particular was surrounded by sunflowers, with a few little chamomiles scattered about.

It was perfect. The little robin from before fluttered around her head before settling into the branches above, singing a sweet little song in the afternoon breeze.