P.S.: You're My Mate

P.S.: You’re My Mate

“Can’t you see that I’m trying to watch the movie?”

“How can you enjoy it? It’s a horrible movie!”. People these days do not appreciate a good movie when they see one.

“Horrible? Since when is About a Boy horrible?, Seriously it’s the cutest movie ever!”

“Just keep telling yourself that”

“Can we just enjoy the few hours that we have until tomorrow?” I’m moving, you see, no, my parents didn’t get transferred or any of that crap, they simply decided to move across the country because they freakin’ wanted to, which is more infuriating than anything.

“How can we enjoy these last hour if we’re watching this shit!” Do not kill him, do not kill him.

“If it were up to you you’d choose some weird alien movie were nothing makes sense whatsoever, so let’s shut up and watch the movie”

“I’m only watching it, because you’re my friend and you’re leaving tomorrow”.

“Well thank you”

“You do know that watching this is taking up a lot of my patience?”

“Everything takes your patience away”

And that’s how we spent my last night here in NY, laughing, screaming and joking, man I’m going to miss this place.

________________________________________________________________________

“Kate, wake up we’re here, come on we have to go”

“Mom, I don’t want to go…” I whined.

“You can’t stay in the airplane you know, we have to go”

“Where’s Dad?”

“He already got off”

“Fine, let’s go”. Trust me if I could I’d sleep my life away.

_________

Baggage claiming is so boring, especially when yours is the last one to come out. According to my dad, this is going to be a fresh start, new everything, literally, everything, house, house, cars, and clothes you name and it’s new.

I’m not so worried about school; yes I’ll be the new girl and that crap, so what? Like I care what people think.

Right now I’m the car with my parents driving to our new home, car rides are SOOOO fun. At least the house isn’t bad; it’s rather pretty actually, two stories, a gray-ish color I could get used to it…

Something that really bothers me is unpacking, you spend all of that time organizing, putting everything in boxes, labeling everything, just to get everything out again and organize it again, its torture truly it is.

We actually went out to dinner; mom didn’t want to cook… it was a nice change but I don’t think I’ll get used to San Francisco that easily.

I’m in my new room, with a new bed that was, thanks to my dad, brought here, before we arrived, so I didn’t have to be uncomfortable in my first night here. A dreamless night, that’s what I really want right now, nothing to bother me until the morning, until then I’ll just sleep and hope that tomorrow isn’t as bad as I think it will be…