Chapter 16

After my conversation with Dante, I go onto the bleachers and try to find a place to sit. I decided to sit on the lowest bleacher to be closer to the field.

The cheer team sees me and they all smile. Emily makes a hand gesture to come over so I do. They hug me one-by-one from the other side of the fence, which only went up to our waists.

"Omg, what are you doing here?!" Lydia said with joy. "I thought you weren't allowed to come?"

"I wasn't, but I snuck out," I whispered the last part in her ear. She gave me the same 'deadass?!" look Dante gave, and I nod. Coach then comes over, gives me as hug well, and then tells me I unfortunately can't stay this close to the fence so I say, "Ok' and make my way back to my seat.

"Oh, hey, Riley." I say sitting down.

"Oooooo, okaaaayyy (Y/Nnnnnnn). I see you wearing Albidone's sweatshirt." He smirks and I feel my cheeks tint a shade of pink. "So, you going to to dance with anyone tomorrow?"

"No, I don't have a date yet. But i'll honestly be fine without one." I lie.

"I heard someone's asking you," He looked around for any staff before hitting his juul.

"What?!" I hope it's Dante, probably is.

"I think they're gonna do it tonight, even," He vigorously waved his hand i front of his mouth when he saw a teacher walking by.

OMGGG!!!!

"Coolio," I say, trying to make it sound like I wasn't as excited as I am on the inside.

We then look onto the field and see the football players running in. Even though Dante never told me his jersey number, I had memorized everyone else's on the team. So when I saw 95, I instantly knew it was him.

"Stop making those goo goo doll eyes," Riley rolled his eyes.

"When you finally ask out and become a thing with Rylie, you understand," I winked and he turned red.

"You're not even even dating Dante."

"Yet," I mumble to myself.

"Someone's crushing, hard." He looked down at hois phone. I playfully smack him and continue paying attention to the game.

*Time skip to halftime*

Not gonna lie, it kinda made me sad watching the cheer team preform without me, but I tried to overpower that thought with the fact that Dante was doing amazing.

I got hungry so I thought I'd get something from the snack shack.

"Hello, what would you like, dear?" The lady at the cash register smiled.

"Just Pringles, please."

She grabs the little container on rack and hands it to me.

"That'll be $1 please." he says. I hand her the money with a smile and say thank you, then go back to the bleachers.

"Alright, Ladies and Gents! Before we start the next quarter of the game, Can (Y/N) (L/N) go onto the field." The Guy at the microphone said. (A/N: Im sorry I have no idea what that persons called, I don't really like football💀. You would think being from New England, I would know this shit- rip.)

Literally everyone was staring at me from both sides of the crowd, even the other team and cheerleaders. Matteus walked me out onto the middle of the field and covered my eyes.

"What the hell os happening?" I whisper.

"Just hold on a sec," He informs.

He removes his hands from my eyes. I'm met with Dante holding a huge sign with a heart shaped balloon in his hand. I kinda struggled to read the sign because tears immediately formed and blurred my vision, but I was somewhat able to make out the words.

'I'm not Daniel Seavey, But WHY DON'T WE go to homecoming together, Bbg?'

'Yes!" I cried, being engulfed in boys arms. There was a ton of cheering from the stands.

"How did you even know I liked WDW?!" I sniffled.

"Saw the mini shrine on your closet door, and the Seavey 1/5 shirt hanging in there, so I assumed he was your favorite," He winked.

"It is not a mini shrine! My mom just won't let me put them on the walls!" I giggled. He laughed and gave me the balloon. "But thanks, bbg."

"No problem," He smiled, wiping the tears from my streaming down my cheeks.

"Okay, Imma leave you to go win this game now." I laughed before running off the field.

Michael's P.O.V

I can't fucking believe this! My whole plan is ruined! I don't even wanna go to stupid Homecoming with Jackie! I just wanted to go with (Y/N)! Why, why did I cheat on her? And why the hell did Dante have to come into the fucking picture?! This is bullshit! But you know what? This game isn't over, Albidone.

Words without A/N: 813
———————————————
A:N: THANK YOU SM FOR 2k READS LIKE WHAT- Love you guuuyys❤️❤️❤️🥴🤪

Btw go follow my fan acc on IG~ @dante.umbrellaacademy