Chapter 1

(Hi guys! I'm back with a new story to tide people over a little. It's been going on for a little bit on my AO3, but I figured you guys might like it here! Enjoy!)

"And this is where the bitties are displayed. The walls make it harder for them to escape. N-not that they'd want to. Adopters can step over easily....." You were finding it hard to pay attention to your new boss's words. It wasn't at all because of the sheer amount of cute, bright eyed Baby Blues staring up at you in wonder. No way.

"HELLO LADY!" Ugh. They were so cute.

....

Okay, it was the adorable herd hopping around near the base of the wall distracting you. This was going to be a problem! How could you work with such sweet little things? Bitties, not things. They were sentient, but you still slipped up now and again. Don't squeal. One of the Baby Blue's lifted up their arms to you, a wide grin stretching his skull. So... darn... cute!

"Yeah, they can be distracting." You flinched at the voice just inches away. A small, soft blue fire monster was crouched down beside you. They were shorter then you by two feet at least, which was probably why they needed help. God, why was your boss adorable too? She was just barely out of bitty territory.

Her name was Mama Cindy, and she had tried to hire you the instant you had walked into her adoption center. It was hilarious and distressing to have a small bundle of fire scaling your side in an attempt to grab your face in her hands. You just wanted to adopt, but telling her this proved to be nearly impossible. You didn't end up adopting, but you had come back for an interview.

Her idea of an interview was to hire you immediately and drag you on a tour. You were pretty sure that this was not how you hired someone, but you weren't about to argue. That was probably how you got into this mess in the first place.

"They are all just too precious." You murmured quietly, trying not to press your face up against the little wall. You wanted one so badly. The Baby Blues were always so cheerful and sweet.

"They'll love you. We usually keep them all separated unless someone wants to view a selection." Mama Cindy gestured a small blue hand towards an empty playpen off to the side.

"I try to discourage it if I can. Some bitties just don't get along very well. " She sounded exasperated. You couldn't blame her. You could see the claw and teeth marks littering the edgy pen. God help someone who sat in the middle of that. You kinda wanted to see that happen.

"It's good for a one on one though! Especially with some of the rescues." You stood with Mama Cindy, finally following after her as she introduced you to the other bitties. Baby Blue, Edgy, Lil' Bro, Papy, Sansy, Boss, Cherry, Softy. There were even some cute little Grillbitties and a few gloopy Dings. Were those Mutts and Raspberries? You were squealing. You hadn't seen quite so many types in one place before. It was like heaven.

"You'll have to be careful with the Edgys, Bosses, Mutts and Raspberries. They get really irritable. You'll probably get bitten." Of course. At least Mutts were the more mellow of the biters. They were basically a more irritable version of the Lil' Bro after all. You could handle that. Edgys bit too much, Bosses were irritable tsunderes who liked to verbally tear you apart. Raspberries clawed and stabbed. You couldn't help but wonder why they were so popular.