★ two ★

. . .

          Due to recent events, Nikki was no longer interested in what any of the strippers at the Seventh Veil had to offer. He excused himself from the table and made his way out of the club to go have a smoke, earning funny looks from the guys. He had already been smoking in the club so his excuse wasn't as opaque as he had hoped for. But he'd be damned if he admitted the real reason he was going outside.

Once he was outside, he took a long drag of his cigarette and exhaled- this routine was far from foreign to him. His eyes scanned the scenery around him. The Sunset Strip lit up at this time of night was indescribable. It was sort of mesmerizing; the way the neon lights contrasted against the onyx coloured sky. The street lights looking rather blurry to soften the tone of the oh so loud and rambunctious strip. It was so simple, yet comforting. Very different compared to all the unsettling strangers walking around this time at night.

Trying not to get any more carried away with his surroundings, Nikki let his eyes wander until he found what he was looking for; the little raven-haired woman who was currently looking frustrated as hell as she was about to use the pay phone. He knew he looked like a damn stalker at this point but he really didn't care. He found himself growing more and more amused as he watched her rummage through her bag, looking for change, he assumed.

Once she found what she was searching for, her eyes lit up almost as bright as the neon lights around her and Nikki found himself chuckling softly. The woman inserted the right amount of coins and dialled a number.

Trying not to look even more creepy than he no doubt already looked, he inched his way closer to the girl. He'd had many, many women in his time so far and he preferred never to find out their names. It wasn't like that with this one, no matter how much he tried to convince himself otherwise. He was just intrigued, that's all.

"Hey, you will never fucking believe the shit Gord pulled at the club tonight" the woman spoke into the phone. Nikki knew he was grinning. He didn't know what it was, but something about a little thing like her being so abrasive and cursing without a damn was a turn on for him.

"Guy had the fucking nerve to call all us girls into work for the night, close the club, and have us give like some sort of private show to audition ourselves off for a music video. Told us we weren't getting paid tonight either. What kind of bullshit is that?!" Nikki took a drag from his cigarette as he listened to her vent out her frustrations. She did have the right to be upset. He knew he'd be if he spent forever finishing up an album only for Electra Records to say 'Fuck you, we're not giving you a cent. Thanks for the tunes though.'

"Yeah, a music video. For that shit band you really like." she rolled her eyes as she spoke. Wait, what? Hold the fuck up. Shit band? Like she could do any better. Little bitch.