OBSESSION XXVIII

OBSESSION XXVIII

I slowly dressed with a long silk dress which beautifully complemented my body and I headed towards my mother's room knocking at her door.

"Come in!" said a weak voice from the other side of the door.

"Good evening!" I said to her, feeling a little agitated because of what I had to do next in order to save her. It was something repulsive and I knew it, but I couldn't simply let her die when there still was the slightest chance of saving her.

"Oh, sweetheart, you look so beautiful!" she whispered trying to smile. She seemed even weaker than the other day and I felt like my heart was already bleeding at the sight in front of my eyes. My mother, the only person whom I could trust my life to was suffering so much and I couldn't do anything else than giving her my blood: the blood in which his essence lingered.

He changed my life so much...I will never be the same as I used to be...but...I don't and I will never regret meeting him.

"How are you feeling?" I asked already knowing the answer.

"Much better, you don't have to worry because of me!" she said while a sad empty smile tried to reach her trembling lips.

"You're such a bad liar!" I told her, trying to smile as well, even if I felt broken inside.

"Annabelle, sweetheart, I know why you came here, but I can't do something like that. I can't drink the blood of the one who killed my daughter... I won't do that and you know that I won't change my mind. I will never be able to accept and forgive him" she seriously said with venom in her words despite her illness.

My eyes widen in surprise as soon as the words left her lips, mostly because I never thought that my mother could be capable of hating someone as much as my father was.

"You're wrong! He was the one who saved me that night, not the one who killed Emily. I couldn't remember the truth, but now I can because he unlocked my memories about that awful night. He kept me safe and he would have done the same to Emily if he knew where we were..."

"It was my entire fault for what happened to Emily. I convinced her to get out of the house and walk inside the forest even if you forbid us to do something like that" I tried to make her understand the truth, even if deep down in my heart I knew that all of these struggles were nothing more than a lost cause.

She was just like my father and she would never learn to forget and forgive the fact that Shaan was a vampire.

"Why are you doing this to me? Why don't you want to let me help you get better? Is it just because of your hate and prejudices because he is a vampire?" I asked trying to sound calm even if I wasn't calm at all. It felt as if my blood was boiling inside my veins.

"Why do you hate him so much, you don't even know him!" I continued with a trembling voice while big salty tears kept rolling down on my face, making my eyes to sting a little.

My mother's eyes narrowed in suspicion as soon as my words left my mouth.

"He already turned you against us..." she mumbled to herself in disbelief.

"He's just as every other vampire: a monster that kidnaps girls and turns them against their own family. I and your father hate his kind because we know just how they really are: manipulative and blood thirsty and cruel... He's a monster, Annabelle! Why can't you see his true face?" she said while trying to get up from the bed.

"Just shut up! You know nothing about him at all. You're just too prejudiced to even understand someone as him. He's much better than any human would ever be!" I screamed from the top of my lungs.

My mother sat up from the bed crying while she slowly tried to walk towards the place where I was.

I looked towards her, but I never moved from the spot, waiting for her to make the next move.

She stepped closer to me and grabbed my shoulders while looking deep into my eyes.

"Why are you protecting him so much? Please, tell me that you are not in love with him!" she said with despair, making me flinch because of her harsh words. I looked towards the ground for a couple of minutes, until I was finally able to raise my eyes and look towards my mother.

"I love him more than my own life and I will never let you harm him, even if I die instead" I screamed and stepped back, away from her, feeling the anger spread through my blood at an incredible speed.

"No, you can't love that murderer... I won't let you destroy your life like that. You are too young to lock away into a wrong relationship. He's a vampire and you are a human girl. You are an aristocrat and he's just a parasite who lives by killing innocent people. I'll talk to your father to kill him for ever looking towards you. I won't have peace until I see him transformed into ash" she screamed back, leaving me speechless.

"If you touch him I'm going to kill all of you!" I screamed without thinking what I was capable of saying. A few days ago I was afraid that my mother could die and I did everything I could to get back home only in order to hold her in my arms and comfort her in her last moments and now, I just threatened her.

What was happening with me? How did I end up acting like that?

My mother looked towards me with the most heartbreaking expression imprinted over her once beautiful features.

"They destroy everything they touch and he will destroy you as well as he did until now, because he's not capable of feeling love, just lust and need for blood. You are merely a source of blood for him! Why can't you understand it?" she tried to resonate with me, but I was beyond furious now and I couldn't accept her words any longer.

"You shall not touch Shaan, because he didn't do anything wrong. I hate you for accusing him of something he didn't do. I was there and I know exactly what happened in the forest. He killed mine and Emily's attacker right when he was ready to kill me. He saved me in so many ways that I can't forget the truth. You are not fitted to talk about him or accuse him of something..." I said through clenched teeth, trying to calm down a little even if I felt like killing my own mother.

I quickly ran out of the room completely ignoring her cry as I headed towards the entrance of the house.

Before I could step outside the house someone's arms encircled around my waist preventing me to leave.

"Where are you going young lady?" a young man called from behind me pulling me towards his body.

"I shall leave to where I belong!" I said with a sharp tone of voice, almost instantly turning towards him in order to have a better look of him. He was a tall black haired guy with dark coloured eyes. He seemed to enjoy holding me in his arms, slowly tightening his arms around my waist.

"And where do you think you belong, Annabelle?" he said, calling me for the first time during my entire life by my name.

"Who are you and how do you know my name?" I asked confused because I didn't know who this guy was and what did he do inside my family's house.

"I'm Peter, your father's friend. And, to answer to your other question, of course I know your name. You are the girl who was kidnapped by a vampire, isn't it?" he asked with an amused expression imprinted over his face.

"Who told you that? My father?" I asked while looking towards him through narrowed eyes.

Peter just nodded, while getting closer to my body.

"Could you let go of me?" I said with a sharp voice, trying to push him away.