Algee Smith💙💙

Sorry for mistakes!!🙃

😎Kryssi😎

So... two years ago today was my dad's funeral. I took it a little hard because me and my dad were really close. I was able to talk to him about anything. Not that I can't talk to my mom, but like she was so judge mental whenever I asked her for advice on something. But on the other hand, my dad was always my go to person. So it's like... now that he's gone, who am I supposed to talk to?

After that I just went into a deep depression. I was in a dark space for a long time. I started to become anti-social. Whenever my friends would try to talk to me I would move away from them because they would always bring up something about their parents. So, me being the sensitive person I am, and me being in the position I'm in, whenever someone told a joke about someone's dad not being in their lives I would just walk away, because it hurts to hear someone talk about their missing father figure and hearing them laugh about it. That's not funny.

But anyway, today is the day me and my mom move in with some guy that she went on a few dates with. They have been talking for a couple of months, and I think he's actually pretty cool. I mean I don't talk to him but he tries to socialize with me, and because he understands the place I'm in he makes me feel comfortable and he always tries to make me feel better by telling jokes, which helps my mood sometimes, but my depression? Never.

So I was looking around the house and I saw some old baby pictures and stared in awe at the cute baby. Then I heard someone behind me so I turned around and looked at the person standing before me.

He had a caramel skin tone, dark brown eyes, and curly hair like he just got out of the shower. Maybe that explains why he wasn't wearing a shirt. Well he had a white t shirt around his neck but he wasn't wearing it. He had nice abs and broad shoulders. Tense muscles like he just ran a long race or something🤨 but we made eye contact and he smiled at me. His smile was beautiful.

??: You look like you're lost.

I just smiled and looked down.

??: Are you the one staying here?

He looked concerned as if he wanted to know why I haven't said a word since I've been here. But I just nodded to answer his question.

??: okay. Here, I'll help you with your boxes. We can get to know each other, talk about school, girls...

I looked at him confused.

??: I don't know. I'm just tryna ease up the tension. Y'know, "break the ice" or... whatever they say. Anyway, I'm Algee.

I waved at him and he smiled and nodded. He asked, " how come you don't talk?" I just shrugged my shoulders and laughed silently. Then he asked, "can you at least tell me your name?" I nodded at him, but there was no way anything was coming out of my mouth. So I remembered some basic ASL that I learned by myself and picked up on it fast. So I signed "kryssi" and he nodded his head.