Chapter 33: The Truth

-Anthony's POV-

I saw Emily at school on Monday. We planned for her to come over after school since we needed to talk.

It turns out her aunt isn't as mad at her anymore and she is staying with her again. But I really was wishing she would stay with me again.

Later on when Emily came over my mom was home but my dad wasn't. He would probably be back later but if my mom was there it would pretty much be fine. Nothing ever happens when my mom is at home but she's not home very often unfortunatley.

Emily and I started talking about her aunt and stuff like that when she asked me if she could ask me something. "What?"

"Well...you know how before you..tried to kill yourself?"
"Yeah..?"
"What happened? Like you never told me why."
"Emily I really don't wanna talk about this."
"Please. You can tell me anything, Anthony."
"Well I just, I don't know. My dad got really drunk that night and things got really bad but I don't care about what he even does to me. What hurts is the stuff he says and he like, he just said things about me and you know sometimes when you're told something so many times you start to believe what they say. And I was depressed and my mom was at work and I thought you hated me and it just happened. I took some of my moms like sleeping pills and yeah.
"You thought I hated you?"
"Yeah."
"Oh. Well I didn't. So are you ok now?"
"Depends. What do you mean by "ok"?"
"Do you want to die?"
"Not at the moment."
"Good. Let's keep it that way."
"Not promising anything." I mumbled.
"Well if anything ever happens just text me and I will literally just come over here."
"Ok."