Chapter 21:Shooting Stars and Lost Nights

-Em's POV-

The next day we got up pretty early. His dad didn't end up going back to work which was a bad start. We stayed in Anthony's room most of the day until finally we had to go down to the kitchen to get dinner. But it turns out his dad was in the living room watching tv, which is right across from the kicthen. His dad turned around and looked at us, then started yelling at us.
"I'm done with this."
Anthony said and grabbed my hand and pulled me back to his room.
"What are we going to do?" I said once we were safely in his room away from his drunk dad.
"We need to leave."
"Where do we go though? I can't even go back to my house right now because our house might have an oil leak. So there is a ton of people there inspected it."
"I don't know."
We heard his dad coming up the stairs.
"We should go, like now." I said.
"Ok."
We snuck out the window in his room, without knowing where we were going. It was already starting to get dark, it was probably like 7:30 p.m. We started walking up the street on the sidewalk.

We had been walking for almost 20 minutes and we finally stopped somewhere.
"Fuck."
He said.
"What?"
"I left my phone on my bed."
"Here just use mine." I said checking my pockets but then I realized I had it in my jacket. The jacket that I had taken off and left in his room.
"Um I don't have it." I said worriedly.
So now we were stuck near a gas station with no way to contact anyone and nowhere to go.
"Oh god." He said.
"What are we gonna do?" I said.
It was now pretty much dark and freezing outside.
"I don't know."
We kept walking.

We eventually stopped outside a little diner that was closed. It was pitch black except for the light of the shining stars above us. "I'm so cold." I said. I was wearing a black crop top and jeans.
"Here."
He said taking off his blue plaid flannel jacket and handing it to me.
"I don't want you to be cold..." I said.
"It's alright, i'm gonna go into that store and go see if they have a phone I can use to try and call us in a room at that hotel for the night."
"Ok.Thankyou." I said taking the flannel and putting it on.
He walked over to the store across the street. I looked up at the stars and thought. And then I saw something bright glide across the night sky. A shooting star! So I thought about what I really wanted and then whispered my wish. "I wish that Anthony's life will get better."
A wish I had never made before but I was glad I made this time.

From the distance I saw Anthony walk out of the store. When he came back over to me he said
"They did have a phone and I got us a room!"
"Yay!" I said and hugged him.
Then we walked to the hotel that we had gone to before. We hadn't brought anything not even our phones. The next day we were planning on going back to his house. Not that either of us really wanted to go back there. We both laid on the bed once we got in there. It wasn't very late but I guess I fell asleep right away.

When I woke up in the morning I woke up Anthony so we could go get breakfast. I realized I was still wearing his flannel so I took it off and handed it to him.
"Oh wow I thought you were just going to keep it." He said joking.
"Oh well I was, but I figured you might want it back." I said and grinned.

-Weird ending to chapter but yeah BUT OMFG THANKYOU GUYS FOR 1k KEWL KATZ!!! <3 gonna start writing next chapter rn... I hope you guys aren't annoyed that I update kinda a lot but anyways I love you guys so much! Stayy fabulouss ;) -